Is my hairline widening or am I paranoid?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don’t know if it used to look the same in the past or not but I feel like it’s getting wider. I also have a kind of bald spot just where my hairline is. I haven’t mentioned it to my doctor yet but I’m getting a blood test on Thursday so if there’s anything wrong, it’ll come up.

Here’s my pictures 

http://i68.tinypic.com/nx9w4.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/wwnt6d.jpg

I’ve also noticed quite a lot of hair in my hair brush and in the shower lately. Could it be because I’ve kept my hair in a bun day to night?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria.

You will need to mention testing immune system for them to find anything in your blood. Wearing your hair up tightly will cause a little extra hair loss in everyone. Maybe try not to pull it back as tight. Try not to worry too much, I understand its not a nice thought but stress and worry won't help. Can you ask someone who sees you often if they think you have some hairloss ? Its tricky to say as I don't know what your hairline looked like before. Xx

• Posted

In my opinion and just based on the pictures that you submitted I don't think it's necessarily a new balding spot. I can't speak for other people but when I first started losing hair my bald spots were slightly pinkish rather than the kind of gray color that the scalp normally is, at least with my pigmentation and my dark brown hair.

In any case at least at this point it all still looks quite normal at least to the General Public. So I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed by.

Amanda59500 suggested that you not get stressed out by this because that can cause you to lose more hair and I know she's right and I know she meant well, but I have to say that every single doctor that said that to me just managed to make me mad. It's not like I can control the stress I feel about losing hair. So my only real reason for bringing it up is I just want you to know that if you want to cry about it, cry about it. If you find that you are stressing over it a lot then it might be a good time to listen to some guided meditation every day just to keep your stress level on an even keel.

I hope this all turns out to be nothing at all for you. I know it can be very traumatic to lose your hair especially if you're a woman like I am

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.