Is my pityrasis healing?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with my pityriasis about 6 weeks ago. When the rash first started it was very bumpy, but now it has smoothed out, widened and they are forming together. I am really hoping them forming together and smoothing out means it is healing! I wondering if this happened to anyone else when their pityriasis started to heal? I Just want to be certain its healing before I go and get my hopes up. I am a 20 year old college student so having to have this rash while being on a huge campus is making me feel very insecure. Thank You so much in advance for the help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also I wanted to add that parts of my rash have been burning/ stinging lately, is this normal?

• Posted

yes! it means its healing!!! good news right?

i know i've been there... my rashes were so bad.and.... it was all over my body...but it will go away... its just takes time... i used prreze cream

• Posted

My rash was very bumpy at the start and then flattened as it was healing. Sounds like you are healing. I used zinc oxide which seemed to help. It will go although at the time you feel like it will never disappear. I tried sunbathing as well and a very strict diet with no gluten or sugar or diary. Not sure it helped but it made me feel like I was doing something positive. It will go, try not to stress but easier said than done.

• Posted

Glad to hear your rash is starting to heal!! Tea Tree oil and coconut oil helped my rash to heal faster and it soothed the itch/burn..I put a few drops of the tea tree oil in my palm and scooped the coconut oil with my finger and mixed together like a lotion. I applied it morning and night( sometimes) mid day and it worked wonders!! I also bathed with the medicated Selsun Blue shampoo. If you can find a dermatologist office that has "photo therapy" that also speeds up your healing time. You stand in the booth for 2-3 min twice a week. It only took 2-3 sessions for me. Hope this helps. Stay encouraged.

• Posted

heya. you have some great replies here.

mine was a bit more complicated so lasted longer. but i used aloe vera in gel form.. pure and organic and just slopped it on every night and day to give me relief. we all find our methods.

have a little look at diet and nutrition and try to just eat clean and cleansing foods for now. ie no wheat or dairy and get organic or soak your veg in salt water overnight to get rid of pesticides. also look into what shampoo and shower gel you use. i changed to all natural no sls products because i noticed sodium laureth sulfates would make it worse or aggravate it. oh yes and only bath in luke warm water no extreme temps.

stay positive and enjoy that feeling when it goes. luckily pr is not meant to re-occur even though it does for some people. but with that in mind we are the lucky ones unlike psoriasis or worse conditions.

good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.