Is my shortness of breath caused by this soft mattress??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I pretty can pin point when my shortness of breath started. I've been temporarily staying at my mum's on a very soft and not new mattress. Where I was before, house sharing my mattress was soft there. I've slept on this mattress at my mum's before.

Anyway I'm in no pain, I have no constant cough. And if I cough up saliva/flem it's clear. My upper back twinges in the night if I wake up and fidget! When I get up there is some discomfort. I cough a few times there's some discomfort then. But once I'm moving about, stretched a bit I'm fine. Minus the slight shortness of breath/tightish chest. Had this for 3-4 weeks.

I played tennis last Monday. I work as a gardener. One or two gardening jobs have left me slightly extra short of breath lately.

I suffer from Hayfever. Have a very sneezy nose! This time of year when the air gets damper I might have a cough for a short while while in the morning. But then it's gone. It's like I'm clearing my pipes!

Maybe I've developed a form of mild asthma?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sleeping habits play a huge part in daily breathing and heart and mind health. Soft mattresses effect muscles and breathing to a degree, but they do not cause really problematic circumstances. I think you should exercise and take in more fresh air.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.