is my symptoms bowel cancer

Posted , 17 users are following.

Im scared I may have bowel cancer. I am 42 yrs old and have had i.b.s. for a very long time. 5 months ago my bowel habits have changed. ive been feeling very tired a lot also. I went to my gp in January and got blood tests done. they came back I was anaemic. put on iron tablets. went back to gp few weeks later complaining again about my bowels and she has referred me to try n find out whats wrong. got my bloods done again n im still anaemic even though ive been on iron tablets for 5 weeks. im also waiting on fecal occult results. I bought a home fob test and it was positive so now im even more scared. I haven't seen blood but I have seen mucus. I am constantly tired and feel rubbish. Is there anyone that could give me some guidance plz. desperate

4 likes, 120 replies

120 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi again Loush, Always have trouble logging onto th
  • Posted

Try again and I didn't hit enter. Not my machine no problem with other sites. You may try other sites, 2 main big ones, strictly cancer, but get people, like you, who have symtoms and don't know. Many people who will give you info.

The hosp gave me an endoscopy and confirmed it was acid tum The nurse weighed me at 53 kl and said animal fat 3 (cholesteral). I had gone from 9 st. to 8.and I'm about 5' 2". My 2nd visit was because of a large gallstone which they thought could be causing all the problems. (That was found a few mos earlier on a visit to another hosp. My GP then, sent me for kidney scans every 2-3 yrs. The gallstone was found then and GP sent me to another hosp. who did the endoscopy) I was told the stone was too big to take out and I would have to have gal;lbladder out. They were going to do a MRI and I asked if they would check all around for possible cancer. The report came back and no cancer. Gallstone was not the problem with the bladder but the walls were thickening and advised to have it out. The Dr was very impatient with me for asking about poss. cancer and seemed too pushy about removing the gallbladder. It's still intact. I did a lot of invest. and found 2 main reasons for thicckening was mucus, which I do get and cholestweral. Only thing I had a lot of was cheese and so I cut that down to maybe once little x mo.

The smelly poos and wind like diareah are symtoms of gastroenteritis. I'm only going on what I've found on the web. My then GP said I was probably right and gave me Lanzoprazole. You might ask your gp about this. There were other people in the colonoscopy who started like this too.

This was 3 yrs ago this summer. Poo was small still smelly and I guess because I had cut out so much acid food I was getting constipated, I took lax. everyother day but when I stopped the const. came back. I started going back on my regular diet very gradually adding. I didn't want to upset the acid tum again. It was working ok for me. I still had the const. and lax on/off. Smelly [poos wouild go and come back.

Going to have to close again.....

• Posted

Hi Loush, I'll try and fin. this time (ho0pe you're reading this!

I changed gps and thought I might get better help, silly me. The new GP I told on first visit I had motion that was soft and smelly, then came 2 bullets amd then the hard stuff. His answer was at least you're getting rid of it. Not in the correct order I said. He gave me a lax. I went to another gp in the same practice who didn't pay much attn. to that or the fact I was spotting blood. Not much then but I still thought it was ei8ther ibs or the gastoenteritis. GP didn't have any comments. She was more interested in my cholesteral. I was still under weight when she put me on a low fat low calorie diet and when I told her I had the acid tum but was getting back gradually on my normal diet. Well, this doesn't bear talking about.

I had to stop going to the pool as the bleeding was too much and I had to wear a pad. Mixed wit6h the blood was a lot of mucus.

A friend wityh ibs said she does bleed but not constant. Another friend told mer gastroenteritis does reoccur, which is what I thought it was, but there was too much bloopd by this time. Poo was small and spindly and many times per day. I then asked for a colonoscopy. and I got it end Oct 2013 and I wouldn't go back to thjat dr, if you can call them that. I have a new one again in the same practice. She doesn't guide me wrong but her interest is short. Care Plan, what's that!

But Loush, not all people are the same. Some have bad pain, I didn't. My poo seemed to right itself shortly after starting the chemo. I eat what I want, but don't want a lot of what I used to eat. No problem now with nausea from food. With chemo yes, but that's normal and I have good pills.

I think 8 1/2 st. for 5' 2" is good. I intend to try and stay at that.

Had my chemoradio today at Hammersmith. Distance is about half of what my regular hosp. is. Lovely hosp. and no waiting. So I might ask if I can have all this treatment there.

Hope you are ok. You shoulod make tyourself eat, I do. Can't get well if you don't. I am feeling very tired, just don't have much energy. I think I should be on a vit. should get that from the gp. I have some B12 I might start taking again. Apnt for tom. is 8.12 at the main hosp.

Take care, Godbless, Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs

ty so 4 much 4 staying in touch, I appreciatet it very much. It cant be easy after all ur going through but im sure that its nice to talk to different people.

My bowels movements r still pretty much the same as they have been this past few mths, disgusting to talk about but there very soft not runny and very smelly same as the wind very smelly. that's y I don't go nowhere, cause the wind is there all day long (I would have been same as evy1 else I suppose just going when I need 2). I know this is defo not the ibs as it is a complete change from what im used to. The doctor mentioned diverticulosis last time I was there but im not so sure. im not bleeding, well not that I can c anyhow but I have noticed bits of what I assume is mucous (white bits that look like elastic). Ive just started having bit of pain slightly above tummy button area (not bad pain though just wee twinges. will just have to wait till Wednesday till I c the doc.

Im so glad u got ur treatment in Hammersmith. Its bad enough that u need the treatment in the 1st place but when u have 2 do a lot of travelling 2 and from hospital to get it, it fairly takes it out of u.

I have forced myself 2 eat this past few days (just mash n veg) but its better than nought.

take care Daffs

ur in my prayerssmile

Loush

• Posted

Hi Loush,

Felt rotten this morning, appnt was 8.10 am Quicker this time at Char.+ but when I got home went straight to bed and slept to 2.30 and feel ok. Just hope I'll sleep tonight. Not ok enough to go out and do some shop though, tomorrow.

Next week my appnts are mostly at Hammersmith except for Mon and that's Char.+ and later too, around 10 - 11.

A woman at the hosp told me that Guanabana juice is a cancer preventative. Not cure mind you, but I expect it would have some curing powers if it was a prev. Have you heard of it.

I know exactly what you mean, no energy. You have 2 children to care for, they must keep you running. Does the 8 yr old help with the little one.

A friend has diverticulitis and gets spotting but not constant a few days here and there. She had the colonoscopy and then a MRI.

I think you should ask your gp about Lanzoprazole. There are other .....prazoles. He might give you that.

When I worked I don't think I was as happy as now that it is the weekend and I've still got 4 more wks to go!

Take care, Better soon, Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs

sorry u felt so bad this morning. It's good to rest when u can.

Have never heard of Guanabana juice.

the kids r great they tidy there toys up after them n keep the place tidy so that's half the battle.

I was on Lanzoprazole cause I get seasonal trigeminal neuralgia and the meds I take for it are an epileptic tablet and very hard on the stomach. I am permently on omnaprazole 4 my stomach but all its doing is keeping the acid and heartburn away.

I love the weekends coming also its means the kids dad at work so he can do a lot of things bout the house.

Keep well Daffs, talk to ya soon Loush

• Posted

Hi Loush. Feel so much better now, no chemo and radio and I slept good last night. The thought of the hosp alone just makes me cringe. I went thru chemo 3 mos. with hardly any problems, but this! I guess, because of the constant day after day. They don't do hols either, so I'll get time off for Easter. I shouldn't be saying this as I've said I will suffer any treatment, hard or not and it is to shrink the tumour.

My Gp originally put me on Omeprazole but could only take it for a wk or so, has bad side effects and then Lanzoprazole when it didn't clear up.

A friend said she gets herr shop delivered and she is not ill. I couldn't have my porridge 2 days last wk as I was out and butter (or spread). So it might be a good idea to look into that. I'm not one for paying on-line though, if they would take my debit details on the phone would be ok, but don't think they do. Do you ever shop on line. I spent today shopping for next wk, tiring but I got it.

So you have heartburn and acid problems too. They were very new to me, not something I was prone to. What is the epileptic pill you take for that. Seems odd. Do you get any neusea. I did very bad and that alone would put you off food. I just went off acid food though.

Very glad to hear your kids are helpful, it makes a difference. Give them good wishes from me, just for that.

Take care Loush, Daffs

Thought anymore about trying these other websites for cancer, you won't be sorry.

• Posted

Hi Daffs

Im so glad ur feeling a lot better and well rested, I can only imagine what ur going through and I really do hope you get through this.

I shop online all the time whether its ebay r amazon. I have just started doing my food shopping online at asda. Its great. It means I can sit at my own leisure and pick my groceries and get them delivered at a time that suits me. Big sites like like are very secure ive never had anything happen with my bank (touch wood). Try it you really wont be disappointed.

I only get heartburn and acid if I don't take the omeprazole. The epileptic tabs (tegretol) are for trigeminal neuralgia. I only suffer from this in the summer months thank god cause it is so painful. I do get nausea which would be part of why I miss meals.

thank you so much for the wishes for the kids, I gave them a hug this morning and said it was from Daffs n they looked at me like id lost the plot lolo.

I did join cancer research uk but only had 1 person reply then the conversation was over.

Take care Loush x

• Posted

Hi Loush, I asked in Sainsburys if I could order on line but pay with debit card on phone, but no. I think I gave ebay my bank details many moons ago and no problems. I usually can buy on line and pay on phone. Bought mattress xmas, not what thought I was getting or ordered. Now there's going to be a battle over that. It cost over 600- and much too soft, no support, can't sleep in it.Had their 'non biased mattress inspector' come and look at it. But, like I said to him, laying on it for 3 mins and laying on it for 4hrs is not the same. Think I will go to Victim Support.

Today back at radio. Char.+. apnt 10am today and better as no rush. Tues and rest wk at Hammersmith (half journey) and no apnt earlier than 10am. I felt sleepy tired but not body, didn't take nap as Dr says to fight it, so would sleep better at night. Also gave me 3 pills for 3 nites to get me back on right systom.

I don't know about Cancer Research, but they are very good if you want answers. Try Macmillan (my favourite) and Beating Bowel Cancer. Even just reading others' stories helps. Everyone wished me good wishes with the chemoradio. and I still haven't logged back to tell them...

I guess I am just lucky I don't have little ones to care for and they are off now for the nxt 2 wks. Lost the plot, well why wouldn't you. Drs should have given some answers long time ago and if they can't send you to someone who can. I lost the plot long time ago and don't think I've ever got it back!

Now Omeprazole is only recommended to take for about 20 days as it can have bad side effects. I'm surprised your gp gives it to you. Could be adding to your problems.

Hope you feel better soon, stay away from acid foods and let that calm down. Maybe it is, umm what did I say. Ah yes, gastroenteritis as you don't bleed. Godbless Loush, Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs

So sorry uve had probs with online shopping, hope u get sorted with ur mattress. A talk with victim support couldn't do any harm.

Glad ur appointments seem to be getting better. Hope u get ur sleeping pattern sorted. Nothing as bad as being tired cause u get so exhausted you don't have the energy to do anything.

I've been on some of the other sites n done a lot of reading on them. my symtoms are very similar to cancer and also similar to other things so will just have 2 wait and c what the tests come up with.

Went to docs 2day. Blood pressure is high sad I have suffered from high blood pressure from I had my youngest 4 years ago but have been on medication for it which had it under control til 2day. Got more bloods done iron levels, sugar levels, thyroid (again) and CEA marker test. Doc said she will wait and see what the results of blood work is before she chases up appointment to see consultant. So fingers crossed iron isn't lower and nothing shows up in the rest of the tests.

I've been on omeprazole for 4 years, I currently have arthritis in lower spine, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and depression so im on a lot of meds which is why the docs feels the need for omeprazole.

I don't really eat acid foods and haven't had any vomiting r diarrohea so don't think its gastroenteritis.

keep well Dafffs , Loush xx

• Posted

Hi Loush,

Are you any better now, silly question? I have many things wrong with me too, but not painful and I live with it. Guess so as I'm 70. I have arthritis in my back, for yrs. Had a trapped nerve in the back and dr said he wld take out a 2nd disc and shave some arthrytis. He didn't, Dr at another hosp. told me yr ago when she did MRI for hardening of arteries, "your back's in a ter4rible state". Seems where he joined back has gone out of place. I can feel it's not straight, but only pain is arthrytis. Hip is on and off with the dreaded bone desease. I know when it's going to rain! and now my legs are going. But the worst for me is the tremor. I get no pain from this cancer!

Met an old friend at the hosp. She had ovarian cancer op 3 yrs ago and now she 87! Encouraging isn't it. She refused chemo but on this visit to the hosp her Dr said may be returning, just a spot and recommended chemo, which she refused. She says she's had a good life, doesn't want anything, seen a lot and done lots. Let God take me when he wants.... Her biggest problem is arthrytis, much worse than mine.

There you are, many out there much worse. I found out that I may have 2 tumours and feel very angry because I'm not told. Appnt with surgeon wont be until wk after nxt. Don't know why they are wasting so much NHS money, if they can't do it properly. But there you are. I think of a friend's boy friend who lost all his bowel as a child. Is now around 40 and lived with this bag for his poo over 30 yrs. There's someone worse than me.

Take care Loush, Daffs

• Posted

Hello you two. Have just read through your posts and was wondering how things are going now. It seems as if a colonoscopy is the best way to find out if anything is wrong. I didn't have one as my symptoms were just a bloated feeling and constipation. I went right off my food and was very tired as well. Blood tests showed an infection so I was put on antibiotics for two weeks. No change so I was sent to the emergency dept and to cut it short, was operated on the next day as an emergency as soon as the ct scan was done. But so far all is ok, no spreading or lymph node problems and 6 months have gone with good blood test results. I have put on about 6 kg. The complications were an infection on part of the scar and now an incisional hernia! Why I am writing this is because you must almost insist on getting attention and advice as soon as possible if you are worried. In my case, it was almost too late. As the surgeon said, 'another night and we could have lost you!' 

So, a colonoscopy should reveal all if you haven't already had one. Sorry to ramble on and best wishes. 

• Posted

Hello John,  I think the colonoscopy is the best way, not only for cancer but other tum problems.  What happened to Loush I don't know, haven't heard from her.  Her gp is typical, draging their feet.  Let the bloods wait.  If you post on Macmillan or Beating Bowel Cancer you will find that most people who are in an advanced stage of cancer because gps put it something else for too long before the colonscopy.

You went thru it rather quickly.  How was your gp after that?  No chemo or radiotherapy after the op?  You sound like you are doing fine now.

Mine was finally diagnosed Oct. with the colonoscopy T3/4 N1.  Could have been T1 N0 if they had done the coloscopy first.  Well, I've had chemo and finished the chemoradiotherapy 2 wks ago.  Now I have to wait (apparently the chemo and radio continues working) possibly 8 wks. for the scans to show the shrink in the tumour and the op.  Then apparently and this is new, I will have more chemo after the op.

It's a long process.  But others have had it spread to liver, lungs.  Had the op for that and still comes back and eventually told can't give you anymore chemo, your body can't take it....and that's that.  Just hope mine doesn't spread.  Can't help it, but been told by so many others that it is better to wait for the op and let the chemoradio do it's job.  But still, I wonder now and again, has it spread.  But I have other things to worry about, bed, back and tremor!  Bed, well I don't know what  the outcome will be.  Seems (according to Which whom I'm very dissapointed with) I have to prove that it sinks bad when slept on for hrs and how can I do that.  Having a friend stay overnight wouldn't be accepted because a friend and I don't think any mattress inspector would do it.  There has to be another law for people in my case.  Must be loads out there who have bought this.

Sorry, I'm rabbling on.  You didn't John, nice to hear your storey and I hope it made an impression on Loush.

Best wishes for continued health.  Godbless,  Daffs

• Posted

Hello again. Nice to wake up and see your replies. Dr was a bit defensive actually when he heard about the emergency op. Said he told me to get to A and E if things got worse over the weekends but they didn't get worse so I just kept taking the pills and waiting. Done now and yes I was very lucky. (Dr said that too!) T3N0MO, even with some perforation away from the tumor. He said the back up he removed was about 5 litres. One way to lose weight I guess. Worst he had ever seen, etc. but no chemo or radiotherapy and a colonoscopy coming up in October. So they're not bothered, but there is always the fear of recurrence at the back of your mind. Worse when I go for the 3 monthly CEA blood tests. Best wishes to you both. Be positive! If possible.
    • Posted

Good Morning,  Don't you sleep at night.  With all this worry and the chemo my sleeping habits went off.  Hosp. gave me 3 pills to put me back on track. It did work for wk then after 2 wks he gave me another dose.  I still have them for when/if gets very bad again.  Find lots fresh air helps and now feeling stronger can go to my lot most days.  My bad experiences I try to put behind me, but it is good experience if only to make you more aware of what can happen.  Like you said, insist.  Your's is really an interesting storey.  Have you posted on Macm./Beating Bowel Can.  People on Macm. forum are up in arms about the long delays in getting the initial treatment and are starting something to accumulate those who have bad experiences.  Yours would be welcomed. Just a thought. I do think your case is one of the worst. I know the waiting for scans for the dreaded results is bad, as you say, be positive.  Everyone does! 

I don't know much about CEA blood test, don't know if I've had one even.  Had wkly bloods when on chemo and chemoradio. I've had so many scans, should have counted them. After the initial chemo  the ct scan showed very little response, to which I replied 'doesn't surprise me, didn't think chemo was strong enough'.   I was then told the mri showed very good results, enough to op and no radiotherapy.  I even got apnt. for pre op assesment. Then at meeting with Onc. told no op. they wanted to do chemoradio. to try and shrink even more to get clear cut. I mention  this as I can't understand how there could be such a wide diff. in the ct and mri results.  The Surgeon did say the MRI was so good now, it can predict outcome of surgery and mine is good. But precaution, the surg. wanted more chemoradio.  Can't argue with that, what's good for him is good for me.  There are people on the other sites that have had no  chemo or radio. Just the op and a T3 and are doing very well now after so many years.  An elderly man at my lot and I don't know his stage, says it's not the cancer that kills you, but the chemo and he won't have it.  Just the op and he still looks good. 

I'll close now, sun is shining and no rain, up to my lot, take care John

Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs. Glad you are getting out to your lot now the weather is warming up. We had the first snow last night, (Southern NZ.) I'm not complaining about having had to wait for my bowel cancer op, in fact once they realised what was going on after the CT scan, they got me into theatre in three hours! No keep calm medication etc, in fact I was signing consent forms while lying on my back on the op table before the surgeon could start. What I am a bit concerned about is why nobody could find out what was wrong during the two or three weeks before. Yes I had an infection but only after two types of antibiotics didn't change anything, was I sent to hospital. The fact I had some perforation of the bowel was scary too. He said the bowel swelled to about 20 CM from the normal 4 or 5. (Sorry, it's all metric over here.) I see a surgeon in July and have regular blood tests. 

Still, I'm glad that I'm able to write these posts. 

Time to get out of bed, it's almost ten in the morning and cold outside. Keep well! 

• Posted

Hi John,  Golly, how many miles away.  That explains why you sleep different hrs.  There was a fellow on Macmillan that was from NZ, few months ago now. Wasn't you was it.  I think and tell me if I'm wrong, your's could have been easier going if it had been detected earlier by your GP or sending you for colonoscopy.  This person who is collecting data from those with bad experiences of pre diagnosis, is just making a collective note.  But probably wouldn't effect you as you are way out there and this is way out here, no more said.  You must get lots of snow down there and what's the high in summer.  Really, I feel for you.  Don't like cold drizzle, but don't like sweltering hot either and maybe when all this rain has passed, we may get a very hot summer.  I could take it all when younger, but comfort zones change.  Drizzling all week and more to come.  Could go to lot as not really rain just don't walk on beds.  I'm trying to do something about my mattress and spoke to Trading Standards who told me my rights as a consumer.  Now I've sent off an email saying what I want done.  They will probablt laugh at me.  But if I don't get this sorted by time I go into hosp, I will file in Ct.  18.48 pm now and time for dinner.  Take care and not so long to wait to July (I'll prob. have my op in late July, but other things to  worry about now.)  Be careful when you go skiing.  Daffs

• Posted

Hi. No, it wasn't me on McMillan. I'm on another one here but hardly anyone uses it. I also read another one and write on it called 'bowel resection advice topix.' There are over 4,000 posts I think and some of them are very good. It's almost as if you know the writers personally. Yes, I agree, a colonoscopy would have certainly found my problem! But nobody thought it was urgent it seems and I didn't either as the symptoms were not that bad. They moved very fast when the blockage was discovered! One night in high dependency then another 10 days on a general ward, mostly because of the infection, which took a while to heal. Quite a big hole just under my navel. All over now though and I don't worry so much as the time passes. Over 6 months now.

Look after yourself and keep on about your mattress etc. it's dark here now on Thursday and about 20 to 6. Summers here reach low to mid 20 degrees C, but sometimes over 30. It's not humid this far south and we don't have to put up with flies, mosquitoes and ants as they do up north. Suits me perfectly. Take care.

• Posted

Hi John,  Yes, nobody thinks the symptoms are cancer here either.  That's the problem.  I think any symptoms with tum in that area is worth a colonoscopy.  Thank God they cought yours in time, or rather, you went to hosp in time.  With all the back up, hate to think what would have happened.  You say a 'hole' in your tum, did you have keyhole surgery. 

I'm fine, getting stronger every day.  Not at lot for few days, too much rain.  But today, should have been worst of wk. but sunny and I went.  BBC can't get weather right.  Fox's footprints over ground but nothing planted so not that bad.  He came, not 10 ft from me where I was weeding, got into one of my beds, layed down.  I keep that bed netted over now.  He has mange and wont last beyond the summer.  I think I've found someone to help with the justice of my bed, Trading Standards. Which, in case you have it, are no good at all and I'm very disappointed in them.  Hypnos (the manufacture) is apparently one of their highest recommended co.  My bad report didn't go down very well and I was given the cold shoulder.  But live and learn.

How long are your winters, do you get deep snow.   20s sounds good to me and if you have no humidity no one gets arthrytis.  A neighbour in the US, young and riddled with it, was told to go to Texas (dry state) and she went.  I have a daughter living in Fla. and she never opens her windows because of all those things flying around.  Not for me.  There is a woman at the lot from NZ and she says, no snakes.  You are blessed.  Neither does Ireland.  I'll close now.  Take care.  Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs. Lovely weather here to start the beginning of Winter. Frosts on the lawn this morning. The Winters down here are often quite wet and cold with short daylight hours, (not as short as yours, I remember being surprised when I lived in Kent when it began getting dark just before 4 and I was at work before the sun rose!) The hole in my rum was because of the infection. Quite large, about 4cm deep. A small crater. I had to carry a fancy machine around 24 hours a day which sucked out all the bad stuff and helped heal the wound. Something called Renasays if you want to look it up. I might have the spelling wrong though. No snakes here and just one type of nasty spider I think. No foxes either but a lot of sheep.

Time for breakfast. Take care. 

• Posted

I meant to say hole in my tum, not rum! 
    • Posted

Hi John,  We seem to have turned this into a personal discussion, don't we and without Loush.  Well, to get back to the cancer, I'm feeling fine.  Can't believe how weak I did get, now that I'm stronger.  Holding my weight and eating like a horse. I finished the chemoradiotherapy 4 wks ago and it was told to me it would take about 4 wks to pick up.  Funny thing though Spec. Nurse said 6 wks before scans.  Surgeon said 8 then 10 but Onc. says 3 mos.  I wonder if I will hear from the Nurse in a couple of wks.  Not sure now, I do want to know but am enjoying my freedom for a while and they do say longer it's left the bettter, within 3 mos that is. How long were you in England.  Can't tell you anything about us that you don't probably know.  I know nothing about NZ. except lamb. Bought some yest. to make nice stew, it's cold enough for it.  Surely you must have other animals, wild. I can't remember what David Attenborough has said.  My brother lived in So.Afr. and kept a black widow in the corner of his garden, which he used to feed, insects. Nothing changes no matter how old you get.  Used to drag me around our field to show me all; the snakes he'd found.  He died 5 yrs now with cancer of the throat, 69. Sun's coming out now and supposed to be dry sunny wkend.  Hope so, dry my ground a bit.  low 20s this wk. All the summer flowers out, so it can't have been that cold. Just felt it with all the rain.  I'm going to a party later on today.  Just an old biddys' but I'll enjoy it, food too.  I've done all my housework for the day.   Well all I'm going to do and no allotment.  I know dew can be very pretty.  I've seen dawn at 3.30 and don't forget light until 10.  Hope all is well with you.  I really do feel for you with all the rain just starting and ours is just ending, I hope.  Take care.  Daffs

• Posted

Hi Daffs. You seem to be getting all sorts of advice and information as well as different times for all the treatment. It must be quite upsetting for you. I would hate that and would be a bit of a nuisance probably. All I have to wait for is the next blood test and the routine appt with a surgeon in July. And the hernia appt which I don't know yet. Oh, and the colonoscopy some time in October. Plus a check on the piles this week but I am thinking of leaving that one as they are no bother. As long as they are piles! As I have written, I get nervous about any little thing these days.

glad you are feeling better and stronger with the warmer weather

• Posted

I didn't mean to post the one I just wrote. Was trying to change the g in glad to a capital letter. Before I posted it. Ex teacher you see. Must get it right. 

I was in England off and on for about eleven years, mostly in Kent. Enjoyed it too, but a few too many people in some places. NZ has got up to 4 and a half million. About enough! There are not many wild animals apart from the usual ones which some people hunt. Not my thing. I can buy from a butcher though. Quite a few native birds, including the kiwi, and a lizard like thing which is called a tuatara. 

Must go, it's eleven o'clock and time for bed. Look after yourself...hope you get the two posts in the right order. 

• Posted

Hi John,  Well, my Onc. told me at first I might have to wait 6 mos. for the op.  Waiting list.  That really did hurt and confused.  I had to call Cancer Research and reassured max. wait is 3 mos.  I've never heard of anyone waiting that long.  They would have to give you chemo all over again.  She must have been in a bad mood that day.  But now she says something like 10 wks.  I read on the Macm. site about someone who was dignosed stage 4.  Had the op 1 mo. after diag. with no pre treatment.  She/he had chemo after the op and now has all clear.  Over a yr too.

So you are a retired teacher.  Not English I hope!  Wouldn't believe I'm a legal sec. retired.  Should be able to handle this mattress business.  But that was very long ago and I'm just frightened it wont be settled before my op. I had forgotten about the kiwi.  But it's not dementa, which I thought it was.  Chemo brain they say.  Not only do I forget names, but faces too.  Know them from somewhere, or think I do and this happens quite a lot. Did you have chemo (can't remember if you've said!)

We had good sunny days for wkend and dull test.  Today, drizzle.  Think I might have over done it at the lot.  Aches in back of kneck which got worse when I got up this morning.  Took pain killer and it's ok.  Just feel very body tired.  Could go back to bed but no, as I won't sleep tonight. 

Yes, afraid so, I live in London and there are lots of too many people and cars. But that's city life, isn't it.  Hope Loush has good news. 

Hope you are well.  Take care,  Daffs

• Posted

Hi again. No chemo for me. Everything was ok the surgeon said after waiting a week or so for the biopsy results, which is the normal time to wait. He just arrived at my bed and said no chemo needed, colonoscopy in about a year, lymph nodes ok and the connection is 'pristine.' He called it curative surgery. I was lucky. As I probably wrote before, he said one more night and we could have lost you and it was the worst he had seen. So Susie, if you are reading this, DON'T PUT THINGS OFF. Which you're not, so well done. Keep us up to date.... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.