Is pain 3.5 weeks post surgery normal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a hysterectomy one year ago at age 50. Recovery was a breeze. I used one pain pill. I prolapsed about six months after that with a cystocele The doctor said prolapse surgery was a piece of cake compared to hysterectomy . She wasnt going to prescribe any pain meds.

This recovery has been 10 times more difficult. I used all my pain pills. 3 1/2 weeks later I still can’t sit normally in a chair or walk for any length of time The doctor was surprised and had no explanation. She said there was no infection so there was nothing to do at this time. I'm frustrated and a little scared. Is my experience abnormal?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.