Is pasta bad for digestion

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone on here know if pasta/rice bad for your digestive system. Also would digestive biscuits make you go to the bathroom more often?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joseph

I find rice easy to digest, especially if it is plain, not accompanied by a heavy greasy meat, I try and eat smaller meals more frequently.

Good luck!!

• Posted

What is a digestive biscuit? 

Is that a European thing?

pasta is not bad its more the sauce. 

Try digestive  enzyme supplements. They are fantastic if you are having digestive issues.

• Posted

Olson pasta is ok but digestive biscuits will affect your digestion , well it does for me 
  • Posted

You should try quinao or go with brown pasta or rice. Chew well don't gobble your food.

• Posted

Joseph I'm sure a digestive biscuit won't do you any harm, I eat them and I have acid reflux. 

For anyone no from the uk, a digestive biscuit is simply a plain sweet cookie, digestive is just the name on the packet , nothing to do with our digestive system. 

• Posted

I'm from the UK and I can't eat them probably because they are made from wheat they upset me and give me acid reflux and heart burn just because they don't affect you doesn't mean they won't affect some one else I was just passing on what I've learned in fact I find a rich teas biscuit better but hey mite not be the case  for everyone 

• Posted

Gillian just because they affect you, Dosent mean they will affect everyone. Same rule applys 
    • Posted

Like I said if you read what I've written it mite not be the same for everyone ! Do why you you continued to comment on what I've said this furum is to help one another not turn it into some kind of argument ! Go get a life 

• Posted

I agree with you Gillian, people post on these forums to get help from other suffers through their thoughts and experiences, not for people to be petty minded and argumentative!!
    • Posted

I'm sorry but you are the one who is making this something over nothing. I was merely pointing out that I can eat them, you said you can't so where's the argument. And to insinuate I'm on here for something else is rude. I am now leaving this forum, because it seems like only your opinion counts. Maybe you should go get a life ! 

• Posted

You should feel ashamed. Forums such as these are where people provide their opinions to help those in need. Please refrain from being self centered and HELP those in need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.