Is Plantar Fasciitis only heel pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI, 

I have recently been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis by my GP. I decided to read about it and do some research to see  if I can do anything to help. 

However after reading about this condition, while it sounds like a similar pain, I have no pain at all in my heel. It is concentrated just near my toes, in the middle of my foot. 

Does anyone else have this and could it still be Plantar Fasciitis? Seems like an odd question but everything I have read specifys heel pain. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura sorry about your pain....I have suffered for 3 years and tried all that one should before surgery....I am 5 weeks post op and still in a lot of pain....I believe in my opinion heel pain is usually significant in PF and to be honest you should be referred for ultrasound which would confirm the condition, this is how mine was eventually diagnosed before I had steroid injections, I would want a scan to confirm what was wrong...Hope your pain reduces soon. Kim x
    • Posted

Thank you Kim.

I think I will try and get a second opinoon due to the pain being in another area.

I hope your pain gets better very soon.

Laura x 

• Posted

It's ok, it's not just heel pain. At its worst it shot up my leg and was waking me at night. Try ibuprofen gel on your foot at night (cover with a sock), wear different height heel shoes each day, try gel inserts for shoes and I used Epsom salt foot baths with lavender oil too. Keep stretching your calf muscles and be patient as this condition takes time to heal. 

Good luck! 

• Posted

Hello Laura my PF runs through the sole of my foot and into my wee toe. I read it is also called Joggers's Hell well I can assure you I have never jogged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.