Is scoliosis my fault?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I think that my scoliosis is my own fault and it makes me very nervous & unhappy.

It's because from 16 to 19 years I had underweight at 55 kg due to anxiety and psychosis as a male. Then I took medicine and at 20 years my weight was normal. I am 21 now. I also remember sitting incorrectly in front of the pc for many hours and in school. And maybe I had a lack of vitamins and poor nutrition although blood tests did not point to that.

At 19 years of age they discovered a 20° S curve scoliosis. Is this all my fault? Did I cause my own scoliosis? Did I worsen my scoliosis? Maybe I only had 5° and I worsened it up to 20° ? Could all of this have been prevented? Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you spoken to an orthopedic surgeon?
    • Posted

Yes, he said the causes are unknown. He doesn't know if I worsened or caused it.

• Posted

I've never heard of anyone causing their scoliosis. It's mostly idiopathic. Anyway it is what it is. I have a Harrington Rod for 50 years this July and now I need a spinal fusion.

Concentrate on the positive, go forward with your life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.