Is Sinclair Method ok for me

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I have posted here before, I feel like I keep asking the same question, just wanting to be clear

I had over 2 years sober but was dry drunk

I have started drinking a little lost control twice in 7 months

I just want to be able to go out w friends & coworkers & have a couple drinks, I feel like leper

My average right now is a bottle of wine a week but in one sitting

I’m wondering if the Sinclair method is ok for me, if I’m not totally out of control

Has anyone ever used gabapentim to reduce drinking 

Thanks for listening 

??

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I agree with Robin that TSM should be just fine for you. Also I was prescribed Gabapentin once at a clinic while I was detoxing from alcohol. It does not reduce your urge or need to drink. It is used to protect you from seizures which in my case of course could have been caused from alcohol withdrawal.
    • Posted

I stopped totally stone cold without any medication 5 years ago but never ever recommend this. Too risky. Having read 100s of replies I can still give good replies! C3Foundation and The Sinclair Method. Sorted!
  • Posted

It sounds like TSM is certainly worth a try for you, Shannon. Just understand that there could be some initial side effects to get past and results with TSM will fluctuate, but that's perfectly normal. Eventually, you will become indifferent to alcohol, more like you were before you got addicted. 

Are you in the US, UK, Oz? 

• Posted

You have had some excellent replies here Shannon and I would agree that the Sinclair method would be well worth a try ..Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.