Is spitting stitches an allergic reaction or immune disorder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have you had any reactions to stitches?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've had stitches but it was before I started getting allergic to things so I don't know what would happen now. I had to have a kind of cast put on my arm after I severed a tendon in my thumb and it made my arm inflamed, very sore and itchy.

Do you have multiple chemical sensitivities? There may be chemicals in stiches you're sensitive to.

I had to get rid of my fridge and freezer because I started smelling the 'odourless' gasses! eek They gave me headaches and nausea every time I opened the doors.

With me it's allergic reactions due to having an immune disorder. New clothes make me itch or give hives so I have to wash them a few times before I can put them on. I can't use soap powder so I use bicarbonate of soda instead. 

The list is long! 

• Posted

Thank you for answering! 😊

I would be most greateful if you had time and strength to read my post. I will not blame you if you don't. 😉

Please tell me what your spontaneous thoughts are about immune system and allergy according to my list. You don't need to be an expert, I'm just greateful and curious to have someone else's opinion. 😊

I think mine stitch reaction was mild, but I kept picking stitches for almost two year. At the end there where only tiny pimples where they entered the skin. (Had a breast reduction)

And list: 😉

I have reacted to Diclofenac with anaphylaxia;

Urticaria of PhenoxyMethylpenicillin;

Severe Urticaria and eczema due to Stainless Steel Implant;

I have Excercised-induced Asthma and had Infection-induced Asthma as as a child;

Hayfever;

Menière's Disease (had Migraine before MD);

Nasal pholyps because of thickened mucosa (had to operate as it affected my breathing);

Angio-oedema when eating nuts, bananas, tomatoes and aged cheese...

(Menière and Migraine are related and recent research indicates an inflammatoric reaction as a possible cause of it.)

I've got family history with asthma and allergies etc.

So I think there might be a link between several of them.

Have decided to have an appointment with a Doctor in February to discuss it further.

/Anna

• Posted

I did read your post and answered in the best way I could think of, with my personal experience of allergies.

Spontaneuosly on the immune system - When I was a child allergies were hardly ever heard of, the air was cleaner, there weren't as many pollutants or harmful chemicals in our food. More and more people are reacting badly to all of this.

We have modern epidemics. Our immune systems are under attack consistently. I have no family history of allergies, I developed them in my early forties.

When I asked my doctor for allergy testing he said he'd like to help but that they don't do that any more! I'm on antihistmines, the strongest type.

• Posted

I am sorry that you have been, and are, suffering so bad from this.

I am hoping that new treatments will be discovered aiming for just the type of disease without affecting so much other organs in the body as traditional drugs are.

At this point I have 11 pills every day to just being able having as normal life as I possibly can.

I hope you will get a better treatment in the future, making it easier to cope in everyday life.

Thank you for responding!

/Anna

• Posted

Ah no 11 pills! That's awful.

I have to wear a mask if I need to go in a Taxi or Boots or somewhere, I felt like a freak at first but then in the space of a month 3 children came up to me and asked if I was a doctor! I saw the funny side and I grit my teeth and bear it more easily now. razz

• Posted

Ha ha ha 😀

"Always look at the bright side of life..." (Monty Pyton) 😀😀

Yes, life is so much easier when you look at it with a bit of humour. 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.