Is surgery to remove trapezium with tendon replacement worth it!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am due to have surgery for thumb arthritis but am worried about results after the operation.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi BED

There is a very big thread on this very topic....."I'm weighing up surgery on my thumb joints".

Tons of good info there.

• Posted

I had my R thumb done 6/18/18 & my L 8/23/18. I am very happy with the results. The pain is all but gone. I have a little stiffness sometimes & a little aching but 100 % better than the way it was. Mine had gotten so bad that any excertion would make my hands swell & be useless. The doctor says it can take up to a year to heal completely.

The downside to the whole thing is the long recuperation & gaining a few more scars. I am going back to work this week. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Thank you, you sound very positive. Just what I need to hear!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.