Is tendonitis always present?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello!

I have overworked my forearms and hands, no doubt.

The tendons are sore almost 24 hours a day. They sound a lot, little "click" sounds, when moving fingers, left elbow, wrists. I can't/won't carry much without dropping it. I also have tinglings in all my fingers, numb palms, burning pain in hands, up the arms and around the elbows.

Aching in my left elbow resting at night plus cold and numb ringfinger , little pinky finger and back of the hand (opposite the palm). Also a burning pain in my right palm when activating the hand during the day.

Summarize: Worst symptoms are cold left and burning right.

The Physio thought it might be compartment syndrome, but wasn't sure. It might be the tendons. Ruled out tennis elbow and golf elbow. It could also eventually be Myofascial Pain Syndrome. Didn't have the possibility to measure any Doppler pulse there, I guess. I got a training program, meaning stretching my left forearm and then lift and lower my hand over the edge of a table. Then stretch again. But no diagnosis.

It doesn't feel nice. The muscles get stiff straight away, kind of locked. And pain increase. The only thing that sometimes (and sometimes not) feels nice is the very first stretch of the forearm - the one raising the fingers upwards. I can't say I see what the other opposite way stretch do, I don't feel it. When doing the right arm, it creates burning pain in my hand.

The Doc wasn't sure, directed me to the Physio again. The orthos splint to wear at night gives me pain. Maybe not the splint in itself, but I guess I sometimes do rapid movements and accelerates vs the metal inside.

It seems like ulnar entrapment left side and median entrapment right side, but it can be something else as well.

In the morning I can't bend my fingers for an hour! Why? They're simply that stiff and when trying, the tendons let me know. They have asked me where the pain is present, where it comes from. But it's not that easy to say - the only parts I can press on all I want without pain are my joints.

QUESTION: does tendonitis more or less feel present all the time? If I stretch my fingers I can feel them inside my hands anytime, like stiff sticks - or is that the bones or nerves I feel then?

/Ken

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.