Is the Arginine and Pine Bark Extract in amitamin m forte good for the heart and circulation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

​Various members in my family from at least three generations have or had cardiovascular issues and several have died of them. I am 51 years old and would like to do something to prevent or at least lower my risk of a stroke or heart attack.

Recently I have read that Arginine and Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol) is supposed to be amazing at keeping the blood vessels elastic and preventing arteriosclerosis. I have found a few products like amitamin m forte, VIGARIN by amino expert and Prelox by Pharma Nord, which include this combination. But they are sold as impotence cures?!

Has anyone here got any experience with these or similar products? Why are they sold as impotence cures and are there any other supplements you would recommend? 

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

For Marey: My suspecion is that grapes are MOSTLY genetically modified, taking all the seeds from them???? Could be wrong, but thank goodness there are seeds for the grape seed extract. I just bought some black grapes at the market and of course seedless.....Or maybe there are seeds that can be grown seedless but they are modified, right?

Anyway, besides allergies and sinus issues gone for 19 yrs...

My eyesight is very stable, haven't had eyes checked in over 6 yrs.

Gums are so improved overall.

These are the obvious benefits, and now IF it will prevent cancer....what can I say? j

• Posted

Hi Joy, interesting point. I am all over GSE and super antioxidants and yes, supermarket chains and market stalls tend to stock the seedless grapes, because they sell better. I think it is far better to find a good supplement, because you cant eat grapes every day.
  • Posted

Just re-read your topic details and do really appreciate what you wrote as i discover I have a family history of heart disease...eek!

thanks again...have got this extract now

• Posted

Arginine is an amino acid and I took it some time ago for a while but not taking it now...it's connected to anti aging  and I think I was taking it while working with higher BP and not wanting to take a BP drug.....
    • Posted

my bp 's gone up to 120/60

it was always 90/60

wondering if i should be concerned? the diastolic is stable however and is the more important. pulse 60.

• Posted

90/60 seems TOO low as I see things...

your new reading sounds much better.....I was 130/70 at my last MD visit and we talked about BP a lot here recently....as we age, it elevates anyway.... I'm weaning off some of one BP med, taking smaller doses of one med now.....  I take a lot of magnesium and that helps me with the higher BP I've been told is not good....but I question it all NOW.   Joy

• Posted

Thanks joy

i agree it was low but its always been so and i was quite athletic...my father the same.

his bp started to creep up and he ended up with a stint for his heart valve. so thats my concern...not worrying about it too much but the significant thing is that i've quit gluten and dairy...apparently people with thyroiditis (hashimotos) have 120 food related cross reactions....!! latest research just going to print...I don't yet know if coconut milk is one of these but i'm using it to make yoghurt and in my smoothy. Don't know if its related but I do wonder if i may be having some very slight cardiac issues....slightly odd chest type pains but been hoicking hay bales around so prob a bit of rib inflammation. So just watching out for any coconut reaction...but if nec i'll find an alternative...i know another woman who has!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.