Is the heart enzymes test accurate in detecting heart attacks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mom went to the ER last week because she’s been breaking out into sweats, she’s been getting pains in the side of her neck & the back of it. They did two EKG’s, & they both came back normal along with the blood work. She has been very stressed out lately, & she is still worried. She has an appointment set up with her heart doctor, but I was wondering if I could find some advice/input on here in the meantime. Thanks in advance! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old is your mother?
    • Posted

She already went through menopause, but she’s been very stressed out & anxious. My dad was just diagnosed with esophageal cancer. All of her tests so far came back normal, so we were maybe wondering if it could be stress related. Her doctor is ordering her a stress test & an echo. She’s just really worried. ??

• Posted

Does she grind her teeth or swing her jaw? I know it sounds weird but a lot of neck and shoulder pains can be related to bruxism. And when people are grinding their teeth they are usually asleep, a lot of sufferers aren’t aware they are doing it. If it is something like that, she may also have sensitive teeth or a clicky jaw. Also it is a condition that is made worse by stress. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.