Is the INR level important on Xarelto?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I was just diagnosed several days ago with a PE in my right lung & put on Xarelto. I have an INR of 1.6 (taken after 1 day on drug) and I've been reading how important it is to be in the 2.0-3.0 range, if taking Wayfarin. Does that apply to Xarelto?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Grace,

No, INR has no relevance with Xarelto.  I can't imagine why they took your INR, it must have been an error.

best regards Peter

• Posted

Peter, thank you! I was so confused. Yet, with Xarelto, there's no way of knowing for sure it's doing its job.

• Posted

Grace,  as far as I understand it, Xarelto does not have the interactions that warfarin has, so stays steady from a consistent dose. Just take it same time every day and it will be fine.

best regards Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.