Is the iWalk worth it?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Question in the title: Is the iWalk 2.0 worth it? It looks great, but it's also expensive...however, it might help me get back to work faster because it's less cumbersome than a scooter...right?

When I do go back, it'll only be short (4 hour) shifts, and if I do need to take it off for any reason, we've got a break room with an awesome couch with lots of room, and of course, I'm entitled to a 15 minute break so I could take that and not have to get too fatigued. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would check out YouTube to see honest reviews of it and also any tips on walking with it. I was concerned I wouldn't like it and so I went with knee scooter. I have been happy with it. Also, with knee scooter, if you have been resting with leg elevated you just get on scooter... there is no fastening to do. Also check out Amazon reviews and consumer reports.

• Posted

I haven't seen a bad review from youtubers, all have been favorable.

I'm getting a scooter for sure -- picking it up on Friday, and wouldn't even dream of using the iWalk until I got my plaster cast off. It's just a thought.

• Posted

I decided against it, felt knee scooter would be safer for me. All of the reviews on the product were good. Good luck
    • Posted

Yeah, for the most part knee scooter seems good, but I work retail, so I feel like the iWalk would be easier, ya know?
    • Posted

My scooter had a big basket on it for carrying things. It is hard to roll over carpet though.
    • Posted

Nice. Baskets are good. But a basket wouldn't me when trying to show a product to a customer wink

• Posted

I looked at it too....but decided on the knee scooter.  The knee scooter was a good choice for me.  I was able to get around the house without any problems.  But you need someone to take in and out of the car if using away from home.  I broke my right ankle so I was not able to drive.  
    • Posted

I don't drive, so my parents who have been helping me throughout the process will continue to do so, and it's my left ankle, so that's no issue lol,. My apartment is too small for a scooter -- I'm going to have to use crutches around the house...but the scooter and/or iWalk would be helpful at work. I'm definitely gonna try the scooter first and then see.

• Posted

I bought an iWalk2 on eBay. It isn't nearly as easy for me to use as the Youtube videos suggest, but that may be because my "good" leg is not all that stable. I'm not giving up on it, but I don't know how good I'll get at it. It might be worth trying if you can find one for a good price. I do have a knee roller also, but it is hard to use in tight spots so that's why I wanted to try the iWalk2.

I'm just 3 days post-surgery so I'm not rushing anything.

• Posted

That's good to know.

And yeah, I'm thinking about the tight spots at work. I work in retail, so although everything should be spread out enough to make things easy to maneuver, not everything is. And honestly, that's the only place I'd really see using it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.