Is the light in black tunnel.?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,all parts of my mouth is covered with white and red patches ,tongue,cheeks ,   whole mouth ,also throat burning,me ,6 months ago my dentist  notes  white patch on my right cheek,5 months  after that, I was  diagnosis of Lichen Planus, spred very fast last few months , I’m scared to death ,I’m on 500 mg Betamethasome steroid  for riinsing my mouth 4 times a day,2weeks now ,seems still spreading ,is so scary ,and no cure .what should I do..I give up coffee ,spicy food and sugar,Is someone here who had hole mouth with similar condition to mine,and doing good ? Sorry for my English.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria

Think many of us are experiencing the same issues. Go on low lectin diet and now I’m starting to take Tumeric for inflammation. I have been dealing with this for 8 years now. No fun and very scary cause there is the whole cancer association too! I welcome any suggestions cause I do suffer from anxiety since being diagnosed with this! 

Hang in there! Deep breaths and meditation! 

• Posted

Hi Suzy ...Thank you for really,I using tomeric with coconut oil every morning I suck for 15 minuets  ,and spitting out ,I done one week only of that ,yes anxiety is big think ,I was under stress for last 3 years because my 12years son was diagnosed with scleroderma ,he was on steroids infusion  for 6 months ,and on imunosupresant 9 months.He done well is in remission over one yer ,but I paying for my stress now.."?

• Posted

Wanted to mention that i use Propranolol or Inderal same thing to help with anxiety . Healthy people take it before speaking events or going in public or just anxiety, palpitations. 10 mg 3 times a day or as needed.

.  But this stuff is a life saver.  GL

• Posted

Hi Maria1767,

I feel your pain.  Have had it in my mouth over the span of my life and on my hands and feet. Got so bad in my mouth i could not brush with a tooth brush on the sides and lost some teeth. My Primary Doc suggested using Chlorehexidine Gluconate 0.12% oral rinse USP. The blue stuff the Dentist gives you to wash your mouth out. Well after twice a day and about two weeks I got it under control and almost gone with occasional flares i still use it to keep it at bay if you will. Swish it around for about 30 seconds to a minute and don't drink or eat anything for about an hour.  I never used the steroids and sounds like it isn't working. I thanked her , my Primary Doc) over and over to this day for the idea.

It's your health and mouth, ask for a script and try this rinse . Not saying it will work for you but it is cheap and also refreshing for the mouth. Stings the cheeks  a little but it is a good sting.. I still have it on my hands and feet some and flares occasionally as i have Lupus auto immune thing. For that i use a salve to dry it out and quell it. I can only try to point you in the right direction. Wish you well and fast healing.

Dan

• Posted

Thank you Dan ,I have Propranolol from GP already,I will ask my dentist for that mouth wash I using at the moment dr organic Aloe Vera from Holland and Barrett,I rinsed very often I brush my teeth after I have something to eat,I lost half stone in 10 days no good at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.