Is the opening of my vagina normal? Pls help *graphic photos*

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello everyone! So since June-October I've had sex with multiple people (not my proudest moment). Back in September I noticed my discharge was normal but had yellow in it even though it was clear. It resembled mucus in a way. That happened once and moved on. The last time I had sex was with the guy I would hang with and we didn't have sex for awhile and we used a condom and then we didn't. He's been tested and so have I. After that thats when i noticed itching inside, discharge, and red. I went to the OBGYN she said it looked like BV, I ended up having yeast and BV. It didn't go away and I had the same thing in December. I went back in the beginning of Jan to tell the doctor that its still swollen and blocked by the vagina and she just nodded her head. After the 3rd time being there they said it all came back negative but im still swollen. I havent had sex because I'm too embarrassed. After this last visit I decided im going to use boric acid which brought down the swelling a lot. Now its re swelled. I haven't picked up the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed because they said it was negative but i feel like its the same. Can someone help me and tell me if this looks normal?image

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

This is another picture of what it looked like a few days ago. If anyone has experienced this please let me know.

• Posted

its normal for it to look like that there mabe some swelling if u have an infection down there

• Posted

thank you! they said the bv and yeast came up negative. I'm not sure what other infection it would be then. Back in August I got a biopsy on my cervix but had sex a few days later. After that weeks later is when i noticed the yellow in my clear discharge. Do you think the cervix could be infected?

• Posted

if u have had a biopsy it can take some time for the area to recover u should consult with your doctor to make sure that its not related to that

• Posted

i went back to the gyno last week and everything came back negative again. I just dont know what to do at this point. I keep telling the doctor and nurse that theres swelling around the urethra and vagina opening with the weird bumps. She didn't saying anything besides the BV can cause that. I am not sure if she understands.. should i go see a different gyno? or when they do these swab test are they checking for anything else?

• Posted

it depends on your doctor normally if they think bv they will just swab for that

• Posted

ok! do the bumps look normal to you? im just scared to have sex bc idk whars going on

• Posted

Have you tried not having sex for awhile? Just a thought. You could be irritating the same thing over and over and over again and it won't heal because of it.

• Posted

hello ive been having this for about half a year, maybe bit longer.

• Posted

hello,

did you ever find out what was wrong? i have the same thing with all tests coming back negative

• Posted

Ask them to check for Trichomoniasis (Trich). It is an STD and causes everything you are talking about. Most people don't know they have it, as most people do not have symptoms. I was just diagnosed with that and I have it and have no idea how long or who or how I got it. You can have it for years and not know it. It is actually the most common, easily curable std's. And it is different from other STD in that it is a form of a parasite and it eats away at the cells in your vagina and cervix. Do some research on it and look at the online picks of infected vaginas. Yours does not appear to be really bad, so if it is trich, maybe you have not had it long. Mine looks disgusting with tons of white and grey milky looking discharge all in it and it has red spots, bumps, itching, swelling, etc. Also, do a wiftest, does it smell fishy? Trich smells fishy. I hope you this helps you or at least someone. Good luck.

• Posted

Oh and the test is done from a swab and you can get results immediately. They look at the swab under the microscope and see them swimming in there.

• Posted

mine looks like this and im so scared toi cant even see the vaginal hole i dont get it

• Posted

did you ever find out if it's normal? i have the same thing and I'm pretty scared

• Posted

hello, did you find out what was the problem ? i have the same after an uterine ablation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.