is the pill messing up my cycle?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello!

i started the combination pill back when i was about 16, after a couple of years (im 20 now) i decided i no longer wanted to be on it as it was causing issues like weight gain etc. i remember my cycle was a bit messed up at first but returned to relatively normal after a while. Since turning 20, i had gotten a boyfriend and went back on the same pill as i was first put on. it caused the same problems though, so i decided half way through the pack to stop. i know i shouldve at least finished but it was making me miserable and i stopped. i had a light bleed for a couple of days about two weeks after, and then again after three-ish weeks. that was on the 23-26th of November 2019. its now the 25th of december and still no period. ive read it can take time to sort itself out so im not overly worried but id like to just check it was normal.

some more info that could help;

i work in a pharmacy, so its a very stressful job and i have anxiety so im constantly worrying about things that arent even important. im aware that could throw off my cycle

my boyfriend and i do use protection, but stupidly when we drink we forget and its happened a couple of times (i was not on the pill at this time, im still off the pill now.) and ive taken a pregnancy test two nights ago and it was negative (im just assuming after looking online at a couple of websites that my boyfriend has become infertile as he is a daily weed smoker, hence why im not pregnant. again, just assuming)

i just want to be normal and regular again, every time i go to talk to my doctor i get no help about either my mental health or my periods, she infact told me to google anything i had questions about. i feel quite alone actually dealing with this. any help would be amazing.

thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.