is the wii enough for excersize?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi im a newbie to the little blue pill,i have back problems and find it hard to do most things. i have got the wii out and done 20 mins today starting slow on the advice of physio. will this be enough? i will increase daily doing a little bit extra. love this forum loads of advice and great storys. i hope im as succesful as most of you G-MA X

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

20 mins is a start but realistically you want to be building up time quickly, can you do anything else like swim?

with your wii you can unlock the free step and free run which allow you to step or run whilslt watching tv (10, 20 or 30 mins) which certainly helps time pass if you're distracted with something good on smile

• Posted

thanks for the reply. i will do a bit extra daily but really dont want to risk a flare up with my problems. i know swimming is the best excersize but not confident wearing a bathing suit just yet lol
  • Posted

you could wear a t-shirt over your cozy or does your local swimming pool do ladies only times that might make you feel more comfortable?

my dr said a 'normal' person should do 30 mins a day minimum and that a dieting person should exceed that along with a change in diet (the pills + low fat foods)

• Posted

have you tried the yoga exercises on the Wii, very good for back and muscular problems. Husbands uses it a lot and I do when a shoulder injury flares up.

I walk the dogs for 20-30mins a day and that is basically all my exercise, any kind of movement is good.

You could also do stomach crunches, holding the stomach in for a count of ten then letting out again for ten and so on. this could be done any time and anyware.

• Posted

Hi, I mainly use my Wii fit for exercise. I do have a back problems but it's not too serious. Have you done much swimming before? I need to have some lessons as I can't do the breathing and so swim with my head up, which aggrevates my back.

I find the boxing and the step best on the Wii to not upset my back. I also play tennis on Wii sports. I've got the Let's Dance game too but yet to try it.

Good luck for your weight loss

• Posted

thanks to you all for replys. ive done 30 mins on the wii going to leave it on and keep doing bits threw the day inbetween playing with the mop and hoover lol i also checked my weight 2lb lighter since weekend so thats gave me a real buzz. had no accidents with the tangoed stuff so must be doing it right thank you all G x
  • Posted

Hi All

Just thought id add a bit of info, I started using wii fit in February and started off slowly, at first I couldnt even run the short 3 minute lap, im now up to 40 mins running smile also when i first started i was off the bmi scale, its slowly been coming down.... I got weighed this morning and am now in the 'overweight' section rather than the obese section which is great. Just got to get it into the Normal range now lol. I shall win! ive gone from 21stone to 15 1/2 since Feb, really all ive used is the wii and walking.

Im also getting the new EA Active Sports 2 game at the end of the month, i really looking forward to that. smile Cheaper than gym membership.

Keep at it, and you'll get there! take it steady or you'll hurt yourself, build up gradually smile

Steffers

• Posted

wow steffers thats brilliant,welldone!! i done the jogging twice today and tried the boxing and yoga my legs are like jelly lol ill build it up slowly from day to day. this is a first for me and im determined to see it threw,i love reading success storys makes it all worthwhile G x
  • Posted

I've found the perfect exercise for me - exercise bike in front of the TV!
  • Posted

I managed to do 2 sessions on the Wii and go swomming last week which meant I was just getting into the routine again. Went out Friday night, slipped on the dance floor and now have a badly sprained wrist. Oh well, at least it's nothing serious or long term but annoying. I don't really like the jogging but I guess that's what it will be for a few weeks sad
  • Posted

have you tried the cycle one sally? thats just walking on the spot,i do the jogging only the short distance. i was doing hula hoop last week started getting a few aches in my back so this week im trying different excersizes kung fu ,boxing see how i go lol. good thing ive lost 5lb so im a happy bunny. G x
  • Posted

I'd forgotten about the hula hoop. That really burns the calories. Thanks for reminding me.

Just booked my next weigh in for Dec 6th. Surprising how quickly it will come round

• Posted

i found the step excercize yesterday its just stepping on and off the wii board done that a couple of times while watching a program on the computer. much better than walking in the cold lol. im back at docs at begining of december for official weigh in,your right it will be here soooo quick fingers crossed we do well G x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.