Is there a charity or organisation to help Achalasia sufferers ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have Type 3 Achalasia and have been very fortunate to have a diaganosis ,but many seem to struggle ,does anyone know of an organisation that has been set up to advice and help people with this very rare complaint ? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deborah,

There is a Meet Up group that meets in London every month or so for Achalasians !  Go into meet up and you will be able to join us 

All the best

Jan

• Posted

Hi

i was going to tell you about the London meet up group but I see that janski has already posted that there is a meet next weekend Sunday ..you say you have type three not seen that discription before.

• Posted

Hi there,There  are certainly lots of different procedures for Achalasia. I help to run a help/discussion group for Achalasians.....we meet in London every month or so. 

Google...Meet up groups....and look for Achalasia and you should find us.

We meet in London as that is central for everyone...... Be great to see you at a meet up session?

All the best.

• Posted

Thanks Deborah. Would have really liked to attend but I live in Sydney.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.