Is there a connection in Azithromycin and insomnia, on average I get 2 hours sleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been on long term antibiotic AZITHROMICIN for approx 1 year , i take 1 tablet monday wednes and fridays ,but im beging to think icould be causing my insominia ,as i dont seem to be getting any sleep maybe 2 hours , it takes me hours to settle down , i go to bed at a regular time of 10 and its not unusual for me to have no sleep at all , all my other medication ive beeen on for years with side effects ,could the AZITHROMYCIN be the cause of my insomnia ,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not think that AZITHROMYCIN is causing anxiety, i think this stems from stress or anxiety. Its simple relaxing the brain and mind before bedtime helps sleeping. Try supplements that promote a healthy mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.