Is there a cure for blepharitis or any therapies

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have even tried castor oil and that didnt work

Been been prescribed vismed it didnt help, neither did visco tears and fusidic acid. Majority of the times my eyes are streamkng with tears and its embarassing

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid there is no cure I have had the condition for 20 years or more only thing that seems to help me is warm compresses every day I have glaucoma and put drops in for life which seems to clog my eye lids up that's why I do it every day

• Posted

i have blepharitis and dry eyes and am waiting for scleral lenses to be made hoping this will help.

i have had 4x punctums cauterised for the dry eyes.

On Ciclosporin and softacort eye drops.

Any helpful information would be great!

• Posted

Dear Maria,

I can suggest that you use preservative free eye drops for lubrication. Dry eye does not seem to go away and it can be an aging problem too.

I did kill Blepharitis using the Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes, but you may want to try a safer but more costly way to do it as I am not familiar with procedures that you have had.

There are some eye doctors, on-line, who mentioned using the eye drops that go in the eye. They said they used them in an "Off Label" use. That means they used the antibiotics that go in the eye and used them on the eye area (lashes etc.).

You need to be sure to use only the eye antibiotics for the eye as other antibiotics are not the same PH level and could cause blindness. I was told this just recently by a doctor. Good to keep this info in mind.

Hope this information helps you.

Lynda79

• Posted

Try one drop of Tea tree oil and no tears baby shampoo. Use to wash with cool water. Then rub Manuka Honey on your eyelids with a clean finger. You may find relief.

• Posted

Dear Darkchild,

I had the problem of my eye running and I looked online and bought the organic castor oil. I used a hot cloth (in microwave) and rubbed the area and then put the drop of castor oil in each eye. I did that for 2 nights even though not a problem the second day. It happened again and I repeated it.

As to killing the Blepharitis I used Wet Ones, antibacterial handwipes, on my lashes to kill the Staph.

It did take over 3 months to do it.

If you are allergic to detergents, fabric softeners, lanolin or aloe you can't use these. People have mentioned using 1 drop of tea tree oil and a drop of shampoo to clean the eyes with. Tea tree oil does kill Staph too so this washing could help to relieve symptoms too.

If you want anymore info let me know.

Lynda79

• Posted

Hello Lynda!

I'm very interested in the Wet Ones you mentioned. Can you describe me how do you use them please? Do you use them with your eyes opened or closed? Do you rub your eyelids from the outside only or also from the inside? etc.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Joaquin11714

• Posted

Dear joaquin,

I rub the lash area. The top I close my eye and rub a long with 1/8 of the Wet One, antibacterial hand wipe. I then take a new strip and rub along the lashes on the bottom eyes open. I tore the wipes into 8 strips. They could be cut in half and put back in the package and fold it over and put something heavy on the edge for later use. The U S wipes are the ones I used. U K ones are harsher on the eye area.

I rub a little back and forth as I go along. If you get in the eye just throw water in your eye and then use your eye drops for dry eye.

You have to use only clean things on your lashes or eye area as can reinfect your self.

If you are not allergic to detergents or fabric softeners or lanolin or aloe or are considered to have sensitive skin you can give it a try.

Remember to use only throw away mascara wands and buy a new mascara each month. NEVER DOUBLE DIP only a clean mascara wand for each eye. Take the mascara off when you get home. Make sure you have no mascara left on them. You can do this by using your wipe after you think all of the mascara is off. You may be surprised as I was that there was still some black on the wipe.

Do the same with any makeup you use. Apply with throw away items. Take off as soon as you get home and do not wear unless going out of the house.

It took me a week using the wipes 4 times a day then down to 3 and then the last couple of months 2 times a day. That part was a breeze.

I did not miss one day of the over 3 months. People who stop too soon have it come back. The symptoms may go away but will come back if you quit too soon.

This time when I killed it I went to the doctors to make sure so I could stop doing the process. I only use the wipes when taking off the mascara as the last step, which is only 2-3 times a week now.

If I missed something let me know and I will get back to you.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Thank you for your detailed answer and patience. You are the best! I hope this works.

Joaquin

• Posted

Out of curiosity has anyone used a blepharitis diagnosis to help wih some of the elements of Pip which I'm already on btw

• Posted

Hey,

If you can, try getting a lid foam cleanser "Blephadex". It contains Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil which are excellent and effective cleansers.

I use mine about twice a day. It provides relief and minimizes symptoms.

• Posted

Dear darkchild,

Did you try the castor oil (organic) and use every night? I find if I bend over and reach for things on the floor it can start it up too.

I am using the castor oil more now and not just twice as seems to need more. It may be a daily thing from now on. I use it when going to bed.

Not sure if this is any help.

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.