IS THERE A LINK BETWEEN PCa OR ITS SURGERY AND POLYMYALGIA RHEUMATICA (PMR)??

Posted , 2 users are following.

After 25 years of BPH I was MRI diagnosed with 3+4 PCa in 2015. Post Open RP I was staggered to discover a possible link between my 12 months of Dutasteride treatment in 2013/14 and serious PCa. My subsequent enquiries were unable to confirm definite involvement but I still regret this treatment that was at best unneeded and without BPH benefit. The gland failed to achieve it's suggested 20% size reduction. My research led to suggestions PMR may be linked to PCa or its surgery. The cause of PMR is unknown but there may be some link to some cases. Does any post-RP or post RARP survivors here have subsequent PMR issues? PMR and its treatment involves the immune system which is our natural cancer combatant. PMR treatment involves suppression of the immune responses which may not be in our best interests since we are told we have to assume we still have PCa cells in our bodies waiting to declare themselves. Any thoughts??

Barrie Heslop

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I will try to send you a private message with a link to an article that MAY answer your question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.