Is there a link between PEs and Polycystic ovarian syndrome?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have both, and was wondering if there are any links. I got my PEs from a high risk contraceptive pill that was used for my symptoms of PCOS but other people have taken that pill without getting PEs. My body never produced enough estrogen and produced too much androgen so that is why I had to go on the pill.

I have heard that people who have IVF or HRT are also at higher risk of PEs but I wonder who is at more risk to start. Does anyone know anything about this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Moon, it is well known the concraceptive pill along with hrt can cause clots, I am surprised your doctor never told you.
    • Posted

I knew my contraceptive pill had caused the clots, what I was wondering was who was more a risk taking the contraceptive pill and if my PCOS had anything to do with it.
  • Posted

My embolisms were caused by the contraceptive pill. Have you read the guidance instructions from the pill you were taking? Mine were caused by a combination of very high blood pressure mixed with the pill.

• Posted

Sorry just to elaborate I was wondering if the guidelines would answer your question if it came up as a risk.
    • Posted

The pill I was on is very controversial and is called Dianette, I also took Yasmin in between because some doctors wouldn’t prescribe it because of the risks. I couldn’t understand why some doctors refused to prescribe it if others would. In countries with decent healthcare I think it has been banned. I believe it is mainly used for PCOS now. It was the only thing that used to get rid of my acne and helped with my sweating. Would Dianette be too honest on their leaflets if there is a higher risk for people with PCOS when that is who their main market is aimed at? They have lost suppliers in different countries, if they knew there was a higher risk for PCOS patients are they going to lose the business by admitting it when that is their main customer? I was just wondering have there been any studies linking PCOS patients as higher risk factors for PEs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.