Is there a song that is good or bad?

Posted , 3 users are following.

While drinking? Or While sober?

​I have 2 songs one from my last bout of sobriety in 2005.  Stevie Nicks - "Landslide" - most important phrase "The landslide brings me down".  I heard this on the way home from detox and started crying my eyes out...knowing there would be some life "landslide" that would bring me down.

​My song that stuck with me for this Jan of 2016...was "I can see clearly now the rain is gone".  And favorite verse is  "I can see all obstaces in my way".

​Songs I liked when I was drunk...can't really remember but they were more "hard" songs...like songs by Eimenem.....and things such as "Start me up" by the Rolling Stones.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Missy  you bring something different to this site that I love. Well the obvious one for me is Amazing Grace..the words say it all. 

The house of the rising sun  Shinad o Connor version very moving. George  Michael a lot of stuff in there re addiction. Amy Winehouse, everyone says I look like her? I'm a lot older!! Could go on and on..x

• Posted

Going to listen to landslide. The other one I know..re Amy I do look like her though I don't have a beehive!! George Michaell is one of us and his lirics say it all.

Btw have you ever done the 12 steps ? X

• Posted

I didn't know George Michael was one of US.  Amy Whitehouse is pretty!  I love George Michael....Which song? Try to remember...lol.

​As far as bringing something different to this site....I am bored alot of the time....and need to talk or type....So, I try to raise topics that all of "us" can identify with.  This site was not working well for me for a while...and it is working better now (I mean..it would freeze on me etc.)...But, when it lets me type I TYPE...smile

• Posted

Insomnia and can't sleep! George Michael is one of us. Can't remember a particular song but he talks about a lot of stuff in his songs which can only come from a 12 step program. Others Robbie williams, nirvana, oasis, x
    • Posted

what do you think of the 12 steps, have you ever tried to do them or just done steps 1&13..lol xx
    • Posted

LOL 1 and 13!  I did belong to a step group and it took about 6 months to go thru the steps.  I didn't have my brain in it and I kept sarcasticaly making fun of many of the key activities that had to be done. But, all in all...it was a commitment for 6 months...I went....and I did learn some things that I wouldn't admit at the time I was learning.  Mainly what I learned was things about my personality and ways my alcohol had affected not only me but others.  Its worth it to go...because it plants a seed in your head...even if you don't take it seriously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.