Is there a test you take to verify if you are in peri-men?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 46 and will be 47 this year.  I am finding that I have a lot of the symptoms that I am reading on this forum.  But how do you know definitively that what I am experiencing is in fact peri-menopausal symptoms or some other underlying health issue?  Is there a test that you take to see if you are peri-menopausal? 


0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hey Tina, greetings from another Tina! Yes is the answer to your question. Full blood works can tell you what your hormones are doing and give you a good idea as to what is going on with your body. Find a good dr who specialises in hormones and get a full blood test done. You may still be in what they call normal ranges but not necessarily normal for you. It sounds like your levels are dropping and disturbances are taking place. You sound like you are begining this wonderful process. We are a very tight community on this and related forums and you will make many friends and get plenty of support I know I have. Good luck hun hope I've been of help to you. Keep in touch with the forum as there will always be someone here for you! XXX

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Tina!  Thanks for the welcome. smile  I noticed there's a lot of Tina's on this forum!

    A few months back I started getting heart palpitations so my doctor had me go through all these heart tests and it came out negative.  My heart seemed fine but I kept telling my doctor that I would feel extreme anxiety that I was dying and that there was something going on with my body.  My doctor thought I was experiencing GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and for me to look into seeing a therapist.  

    To be honest I don't know how I connected peri-menstrual symptoms with what I was experiencing but somehow I came upon this forum and I am so glad I did!  I really thought I was going insane.

    I am going to talk to my doctor about getting those blood tests done!  Thank you so much for replying. smile

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    You can get a blood test and check to see if you are on your way to the change. CK
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Tina, welcome! I am 48. To be hone step I haven't gone far with GPS and blood tests. After going through so much over the months I now came to my own conclusions that yes and yes I am going through peri-menapause. So yes try some blood test but don't necessarily rely on them to confirm your peri I would say. You know your body better. I learned a lot here. I am sure other ladies will agree with me that we learn a lot from each other and we do support each other. If I wasn't part of this group I would go insane thinking something wrong with me. So GOOD LUCK and keep sharing

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up