Is there a way to wean off serious zoplicone addiction without terrible side effects?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am taking 4 or 5 tablets a night (7.5)

i did this 8 years ago and stopped cold turkey when i was caught.

The side effects were terrible.

I want to stop now slower.

Please someone tell me a success storey of doing this and how.

Regards,

Gary

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

gary i know how you feel im going through the same five 7.5 a night and taking 2 of them is an overdose so we are kiling ourselve for sleep which we need and i have told doctors what im doing ,one said i will just stop breathing                                           lynda
    • Posted

Well, that is one sadly misinformed doctor.

Come off it. You won't stop breathing! Your doc is out of his depth and is trying to scare you.

Now then, obviously you should not be taking 15 mg zopiclone, but you've started on the slippery slope to addiction. It doesn't take long. It varies in different people.

Change doctors. Now. Find one who knows what to do in order to help you (good luck with that) and find your local refer-yourself drug addiction clinic, which WILL help. Over fifteen GPs were unable to help me, although some of them tried really hard. They were simply not trained to deal with this. Drug addiction clinics have dedicated staff who ARE trained to help you, so I urge you to walk into one today, or tomorrow. Do it soon before you get very badly hooked. Please. And very good luck and love to you.

• Posted

Hi Gary - how are you getting on? We're all rooting for you. Tell us, if you would like to, how things are going in garyLand. X from Tess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.