Is there another progesterone other than tablet form

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies

I take utrogestan for 14 days of the month to cause a bleed. Are there any other types of progesterone other than tablet form? I am on the gel to supply the estrogen.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Michelle, are you menopause and why would you want to cause yourself to bleed?
    • Posted

Hi

I'm still having light periods so have to take progesterone as I still have a womb. The womb has to shed it's lining x

• Posted

Hi, I take utolvan- norithesone. To stop bleeding , I have done now for about a year . 3 in May my consultant said I can take it all the time without any break , which means I shouldn't have a bleed . Although I have had a bit if spotting/ streaks this week

• Posted

No , I was j urial oh put in them to help with heavy bleeding having them for 3 week then a week off in which I had a withdrawal bleed which was horrendous ! then I went to see a consultant and she said 12 weeks then a week off . I had hysterisvopy and biopsies done , everything came back ok apart from a small polyp which needs removing and at that point the consultant said I could stay on them all the time. He did want me to have ablation or coil but j didn't want that .

• Posted

Sorry just noticed all the mistakes in that post. Dam iPhones lol
    • Posted

was you menopause when you had that bleeding?
    • Posted

I'm 49, apparently I'm not yet, consultant says too young average age is 51.4 lol he says im still young lol

• Posted

Hi Michelle. I don't think there is, but your doc or gynae would know for sure. I also have the progesterone depo provera injection (synthetic progesterone for contraception, & it is not licensed for the progesterone element of hrt for unknown reason to me(my doc told me this & I've read it somewhere) which is why i also have to have utrogestan capsules. the utrogestan capusle are only for hrt purposes & cannot be used for contraception purposes (not that i feel any libido at present). How are you getting on on the propranalol? xxx

• Posted

It has brought my heart rate down a bit so that's good. Regarding the gel I've been rubbing it on my shoulders/arms,is that ok? It seems to dry within a couple of minutes. I seem to feel jittery when I'm taking the utrogestan I find. On another forum a few ladies have felt this way xx

• Posted

That fine Michelle. just keep it away from breasts, & make sure your skin has no body lotion or perfume on from the daytime (thats why i do my thighs, as I'm a BIG perfume love - i find comfort from all my lovely scents!!!) You could ask your doc if you could increase the propranalol to help with the anxiety after checking your bp of course. xxx

• Posted

They told me to up it slightly so I have. Today is a good day. I'm out on the waterfront in a cafe having cake xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.