Is there any benefit in taking levo at bed time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im hypothyroid 24 years old. Take 50mcg in the morning usually at 7am. Then breakfast at 8. Some days though I have to be in earlier at work so eat breakfast then take tablet 30 mins later. Recently I started to get dizziness a lot. I  got a blood test tomorrow to see if my levels gone haywire again. Could taking the levo at night benefit me at all in anyway. Has anyone changed from taking at breakfast time. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jelly93 smile Yes, I take mine at bedtime, and have done since my thyroidectomy in 2013. I read a report about Dutch scientists saying that the Levo stays in your body longer because your body system slows down at night, therefore you aren't peeing it out, sweating, or otherwise having it "diluted" with food and drink intake throughout the day. The uptake is quicker (apparently) and it stays in longer so has a better effect. I take mine around 9 - 10 pm at night, which is a few hours after dinner so its on an empty stomach and then I go to bed. (TMI maybe but I go to the loo before I take the meds.) I'm not a doctor so I can't say what you should do but it sounds like a routine that would work around your particular lifestyle in the mornings. Check with your doctor before making the changes though, just to rule out anything else that could be causing the dizziness...are you drinking enough water/juice? Let me know how you get on! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.