Is there any chance of winning an appeal if your condition has improved?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Your condition at the time of applying is apparently the only thing they take into consideration if you get worse, however I seriously doubt they stand by that if your condition improves, I'll be on new medication next month so I expect my condition will improve considerably. I'm hoping to get a hearing as soon as possible but from what I've read online I should expect to wait around 4 months. If I call to say my condition has improved I expect they will cancel the claim, however I should have been getting support for the last 5 months that I've been waiting for responses from them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi czs17 if you have improved theirs a chance you could loss it is hard just to get standard which is wrong we all no people try to blag it but when people are properly bad and loss makes me sick
    • Posted

I'm sorry but i totally disagree with your comment "we all know people try to blag it" PIP is nothing like DLA was. There's a lot less fraudulant claims now than ever before. The regular reviews have sorted that out.

• Posted

Hi denise15811 I no their have stop a lot of fraudulent claims which is really good but I no people who have lost it my friend as a Little lad he's in a wheelchair I think he's about 8 but in mind 4 and she had to fight for over a year to get him pip. I has taken me 17 year to go on pip coz I thought some thing mite come in and their say we can do this.but now I have give in now I think the system is wrong. My sister in law has COPD can not go out on her own and she lossed what she was on. People should not have to fight for what they should get or need that's what I am saying some of the thing people are going through on here

• Posted

Hi,

Those that are under the age of 16 claim DLA and not PIP. PIP hasn't been out for 17 years, it only started in 2013.

The problem that a lot of people have and especially those that are transfering from DLA is that they have no idea how PIP works. It's completely different to what DLA was. PIP isn't about a disagnosis, it's about how your condition/s affect you daily. A diagnosis won't get anyone a PIP award but if a person has difficulties in daily life and they can prove that those descriptors apply to them then they have every chance of that award. I'm not saying a person with difficulty will definitely be awarded but they have every chance. It's all about understanding what it's all about. I can't tell people enought to PLEASE do your research BEFORE you apply, or at least before you go into that assessment. When i first claimed PIP i had no idea what it was all about, the same for ESA. I did my research everyday. I read forum after forum, questions and andwer were read by me. I began to see what it was all about. Those PIP2 forms are a complete minefield and if the correct wording isn't use (and i know it's ridiculous) then the chances of an award are less.

• Posted

Hi Denise yes I understand what you are say but do you not think I could be a bit better I am not having a go at you . my wife was on DLA but I injured my back in 98 had opp 2000 never worked no one told me I could claim to it was only last year I was put on pip . That's all now I no there are people out there to help now specially for information on this like this coz it's not a nice thing to go to specially if you suffer from stress

• Posted

I wonder if the poster is on Universal Credit at the new jobcentre?  Just a thought.  x
  • Posted

This is a very difficult question.

My condition fluctuates a lot and it must also be difficult for them to make a decision when the condition fluctuates so much. I think basically you have to assess yourself at your worst. That is not cheating or lying, but it gives you the best chance of success. When I had my DLA taken from me many years ago and appealed I was going through a really good period with my condition and I resented having to think about how bad I was at my worst point. But I had to do it in order to win the appeal which I did.

Good luck with all this.

Keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Just thought I'd share a little success, I called today to complain about the mandatory reconsideration and they are now reconsidering again!

I included evidence from my doctor in the initial reconsideration but they didn't seem to take any notice in their decision so I brought it up and they agreed it needed another look.

• Posted

That's interesting. I've never heard of this happening before. I've heard of people getting a decision before the appeal hearing because DWP have changed their minds and offered and award, just not heard of this.  Have you sent a form off to the Tribunal for your appeal yet?

• Posted

I sent it yesterday but I called the appeals center asking them to pause it for now while I wait for a new response.
    • Posted

I would advice you to ring the Tribunal and ask them not to pause it. This is because if the DWP decision maker decides to stick with the decision and not award you then that's time wasted and you'll have to wait longer for a date, if you see what i mean. If the Tribunal continue and the DM changes the decision and you're happy with it then you can ring the Tribunal and cancel it.

• Posted

I'm more concerned about the DWP not bothering with the additional reconsideration if they are informed of the appeal and it should only be a week or 2 according to what I heard.

• Posted

Well it's entirely your choice of course but i'd think the opposite here. If DWP hear about the Tribunal then they're mosre likely to change their decision rather than let it go to Tribunal. Have you had that time scale in writing? DWP simply don't do time scales lol they just have riduclous backlogs, which is why these things take so long. Good luck in what ever you decide to do. As for the original question if your circumstances do change in the future then you do need to tell them.

• Posted

I will absolutely tell them if my condition improves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.