Is there any procedures for

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sui that don't involve mesh? See my earlier post

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just joined this forum and saw your question.  My answer may come too late but in the US there is an alternative to synthetic mesh that has caused problems for some.  It is called A-Cell and is made from porcine cells so a biological material that your own cells can grow around, like a scaffold.  I just had surgery for rectocele and cystocele 4 days ago using this material. I checked this material with several other physicians (I work in healthcare so luckily I have access to physicians) who think this material is a good alternative.
    • Posted

Thanks I ended up not only needing posterior repair so no need for mesh. 6 weeks post op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.