Is there any side effects of quiting smoking

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all,

I am just quit smoking and affarid about its side effects. Is there any side effects for quiting smoking?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yep there are loads, you find after a while you can breath better, see clearer, walk faster, nails grow stronger, hair shines more, your body and mouth doesn't stink BP will improve and one really important one your quality and length of life will increase.

There's nothing I can think of as a side effect that is so bad you need to start smoking again, I'm 7 years smoke free and have never regretted it once, I have constantly regretted ever starting but hey what's done is done, how long now since quit day

• Posted

Yes. Look up quitting sites . There are nicotine withdrawal symptons and psychological withdrawal. Both real. Both very possible to beat.
  • Posted

Definitely Google side effects of quitting smoking. There are quite a number which may or may not affect everyone. Still worth it.
  • Posted

Of course there's side affects to stopping smoking but putting up with those for a short while far out weighs continuing to smoke for instance look up copd there's plenty of reason s there to quit and then look up all the positive things not smoking will achieve , I'm trying to quit ,again!, using champix fingers crossed they will work this time , hope you quit

• Posted

Headaches may be caused by increased tension due to the stress of giving up. It can also be due to the body now receiving more oxygen and less carbon monoxide, with an increased blood flow to the back of the brain. Taking a warm shower or physical activity can help relieve muscle tension.

Feelings of nausea may be connected to dizziness that is actually the result of your bloodstream adjusting to carrying more oxygen and less carbon monoxide. The drop in blood pressure once you stop smoking can also result in dizziness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.