Is there anybody for whom pancreatitis attack came only once?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

Just curious to know. Is there anybody for whom pancreatitis attack came only once and It didn't come ever again in their life.

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Creon,

I have had acuta attack 5 yeras ago... that time I havent been interested in pacreas at all... I was fully healthy and happy ... after 3 years started my digestion problems... did all tests. My doctor says its functional disorder + IBS. Iam still not 100% sure if pancreas is not involved in some kind of chronic pancreatits...

My attack was caused by alcohol and bad food night...after 3 days was fully OK.Dont even stayed in hospital even they wanted me to stay... I just thought it was "bad" night with more alcohol and not healthy food.

What is the meaning of your question?

• Posted

Well I'm new to this. Mine was acute back in early November. I'm pretty sure I know how you feel. I'm hoping mine was a one and done thing too! I am living much healthier now in hopes of never having to experience that kind of pain again. Best of luck to you.
  • Posted

Hi Creon ,I had a full blown acute attack 21mnths ago ,8 nights in hospital on morphine ,catheter ,intravenous drip etc . I was back at work a month after, although not back to 100% health but okay .

I have not thankfully had any returning health problems and follow a sensible healthy diet .I am now fit and healthy . Its along recovery after an acute attack but it doesnt always come back . Carol .

• Posted

i was hoping forthat too 1st one i had was in thailand then spent almost 1 year without any symptoms ...then it came back in force ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.