Is there anybody got allergic reaction/irritated anus/sweling after using diltiazem hcl cream?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After using diltiazem for 2 months my fissure was almost healed . I discontinued the cream cause it has hydrocortisone , what is not good for long term use. Now my anus is irritated and hard all time and painful too. The pain spreaded to my buttocks too. i am too depressed and honestly dont know if its fissure or irritation thats responsible for the pain.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

it made me really itchy and red, i stopped using it after a week. couldn't handle the side effects. i would suggest to stop using it and apply vaseline or even sudocrem to calm everything down. try cold compresses too.

i found rectogesic to be better. yes the headaches were annoying, but once the body got used to it, they stopped happening after 2 days and there were no other side effects.

• Posted

Thanks dear.

How long the irritation/allegic reaction lasted? I been suffering for 3 days, no improvement. Its painful during bm & afterwards . 😦

• Posted

it cleared up after a few days as soon as i stopped using the cream

• Posted

Hi iv had my latest anal fissure for nearly 5 weeks... Doesn't seem to be getting any better. I'm taking dulcoease and dulcoxe to help with loo, but the pain is still so bad when I go. I'm using intsillagel, xyloproct and beta blockers. Nothing seems to be helping. I'm at my whips end. Everyday I go to loo twice and the pain is awful, and it's sore n burns for hours after. It's really affecting my life. I'm waiting on hospital to see someone about this, I actually am starting to feel very down and depressed tbh. Trying to not let it get me down, but I'm suffering so bad with it

• Posted

It's awful Nicole, I have suffered on and off for 16 years, go my first the week after my son was born, 16 years ago 😢 the botox helped wee bit at the time but this is the worst iv ever been. 5 weeks in and showing no sign of relief. I have spent so many days crying, it's got me really down this time. Had to leave tescos the other day cause the burning n pain got so bad I thought I was go a faint. My docs have give me everything they can, and even when I see hospital it'll be another waiting time to get something done. I thought it was just me suffered like this but obviously not. I hope your feeling better soon. Its an awful thing to live with

• Posted

so sorry to hear you have dealt with these nightmare fissures for 16 years. That scares me, i got my fissure after giving birth to my son as well. had it for a year, got the botox , still won't heal.

did your fissure ever heal in the 16 years?

do you know what caused the fissure again this time?

• Posted

so sorry to hear you have dealt with these nightmare fissures for 16 years. That scares me, i got my fissure after giving birth to my son as well. had it for a year, got the botox , still won't heal.

did your fissure ever heal in the 16 years?

do you know what caused the fissure again this time?

• Posted

It has healed in the 16 years but always flares up. Every time it has flares up its worse than the last time. I have had the botox 5 times. But this time they said it need to be surgery no more botox as it only helps a while not cure it. I was constipated there and that's why it came back, I was unwell in hospital and hadn't been to the loo to much. I have been awake from 4.30am with pain after going to loo. People prob don't think it's such a sore thing until they suffer it themselves but the pain is awful. Iv cried so much it's awful. I bought coconut oil as apparently it helps, it's didn't. I bought a sitz bath cause apparently it helps, it didn't either. I would try anything to help myself tbh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.