is there anybody out there?

Posted , 3 users are following.

helloooooo, anybody got an update on previous post?loosing heart,getting no feedback..............XXXX sad

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi what was your particular prob. i can't remember where i read your post.

I will answer.

debs

• Posted

hi debs,

i just wanted to know how long it might take dhc to clear from the body.

was on it for 2 months for broken ribs. weaned off to two x 30 mg at bedtime, but when i stopped within 24 hrs i was feeling very odd indeed.

lots of bowel movements,inability to relax/sleep, slight paranoia, etc etc.

that was what i needed to know.thanks :o

• Posted

Hi

Have you stayed off it since you said and do you still need it for pain relief? Do you have any left cos if you are really serious about ditching them then you will need to get rid any still in your possession. It is too easy to be weak willed at 3am and take more when you crave sleep and have work to get to in the morning.

I have experienced those effects too. Its like gastric flu and normal flu together. I experienced chronic bowel movements, abdominal cramps, but it was the flu type symptoms that were the hardest to bear. Freezing cold, with a creeping crawling sensation over your skin. Cold clammy sweats. I have only experienced this once and it was when the doctors had not got my new prescription ready for the friday so I had to go all weekend till monday t time before I got some. It was a bloody long miserable weekend where i tried to keep as busy as possible to distract myself, lost cause but I tried. I remember walking round IKEA with my partner miserable and realising that i am truley addicted to it. It really hit me!

I have always tried to find out how long it lasts aswell. I can never find out. Is it a week or two or what?

I know my body has an addiction to it but i don't worry too much about it anymore as I have been on it for over ten years and I have stayed on the same dose. I know my life would be an unbearable spiral of pain and depression if I didn't use some form of pain relief.

I don't play about with it taking more than I should. Its a dangerous game to start playing.

I really can't imagine that the effects will last for more than a week with you as you have been on it for such a small period of time.

I have come off it for months in the past when I had a remission and I really wasn't bad at all so I'm really surprised that you are experiencing this with only 2 months useage.

How many a day were you taking? i take between 4-8 a day. Trying to make sure I can manage with 6 and only end up taking 8 when i am doing a big DIY project.

If you are serious and you are still experiencing the withdrawal and its more than you can cope with then go see tour doctor. You can be prescibed something for the stomack cramps and maybe there is something that would reduce the shivers.

Good luck. let me know how you are

debs

x

• Posted

hi debs,

no, i havnt taken any for two weeks now, and frankly am amazed that i havn,t recovered yet. just last night had the creepy crawlies as you put it and today loose bowel.............but the slightly mad person has gone away thank god. am pretty sure another week will see me over this, but what amazes me is the casual nature of the prescription in the first instance.........

the pills are still in the house but like a ex smoker i refuse to hide from any potential source.anyhow, now i know how easy it is to fall into 'reliance' i won't fall into that trap again.to begin with i was shovelling down quite a lot, probably for 6 weeks, then less and less untill just 2 x 30mg at bedtime. even so, withdrawal hit quite hard when last dose wore off. quite a surprise that, and a worry that people might not see it coming.i certainly did not,,, my husband noted strange behaviour during and after, but was concerned for pain relief above all. anyhow, i now recon i've got it sorted as the ribs are 95% better so pain relief not needed. im so sorry to learn you are on-going, but i can tell you are determined not to keep upping the intake as others seem to .best of luck.woo. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.