Is there anyone live on this forum now ?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've never been on a forum in my life but now I need some support. Is anyone on here ??? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I need some advice.   Whenever I read online people's comments on zopiclone addiction.   I seem to get 2013/ 2014 

nothing current 

if there's anyone out there.    I'd really like to discuss 

• Posted

Hi Kerry, I'm here.  I was on zop for 4 years, up to 7.5 a night, and they stopped working so I went off them.  Even tapering it was hard, shakes, memory loss, panic when I can't sleep.  It took about 6 weeks for the worst of it to be over.  Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I still have trouble sleeping, but I do sleep.  Some nights the urge to take a pill is really strong, I pray, do deep breathing, no caffeine after 10:00a.m. Try hard, it is worth it.
    • Posted

Thank you patty 

it's been a bloody nightmare for me 

in a nutshell.  I have alcohol problems.   So my sleeping got troubled from drinking of an evening. Alcohol disputes your sleep   Always knew it.  But couldn't admit it

anyway.   I went into rehab    Done 28 days

come  out felt great( alcohol mainly but fessed up about the pills ) 

natural sleep etc   Clean and sleeping great 

then      I decided I could just have some " emergency " ones in the drawer in case  I have bad night 

within days.   I'd done 28 x 7.5 mg     Literally in 5 days 

now.   I can't get off the bloody things 

I've just ordered 3 months supply on line as doctors won't give them to me !! 

Its driving me crazy 

coz if I don't have them I literally get bed time fear !! 

I'm trying diazapam as I've heard they can be helpful in getting off zopiclone 

but with addiction running thru by blood.  I'm bound to get hooked on them too

i really thought rehab would work but unfortunately.   For me.  It hasn't  

• Posted

Kerry, I totl understand I have a tendency to also drink too much, my daughter was killed by a distracted driver and sometimes it seems a drink feels right.  I know it isn't but what you going to do.  If I'm in a really bad way and had more drinks than is a good idea, I know I won't sleep and will probably have panic issue so I take a Gravol.  It will mess you up for the next day and also can be addictive, so only 1 a week.  Let me know how it goes
    • Posted

bin all the tablets and see your gp about withdrawing on the ashton plan. Tell her to google it if they not heard of it.  Basically you. Withdraw on diazepam by reducing the strength over the weeks and months. But you ha e to be committed. Other people on this site have done it successfully in the past. Also Google the council for involuntary tranquilliser addiction. Cita for short. They can be very helpful.
  • Posted

Hi kerry. I'd be happy to talk to you. Would you like to explain to me your situation on here or give me your email address?
    • Posted

Ps my email add is 

xxx

Thank you Lindey

in a nutshell.  I have alcohol problems.   So my sleeping got troubled from drinking of an evening. Alcohol disputes your sleep   Always knew it.  But couldn't admit it

then      I decided I could just have some " emergency " ones in the drawer in case  I have bad night 

Its driving me crazy 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Kerry

Yes I am still currently on here whats on your mind if I  can help you I will

• Posted

[

Thank you 

Its driving me crazy 

• Posted

Gravol is an over the counter medicine for motion sickness it's Dimenhydrinate 100mg.  I'm in Canada and I buy it at the drug store.  The next day you're very sleepie most the morning.  If you take them more than a few nights they stop working.  Never take more than the recommended dose of any medicine.  Good luck, it's hard but there is no shortcut.
    • Posted

Thanks for that, but I don't think we can buy it in the uk. Not that I want to anyway, as I currently take one 7.5mg zopiclone a night and mostly that works for me.  I have been taking the same dose now for around fifteen years.  Have tried coming of them but couldn't.  I don't abuse them and will probably carry on for as long as I can.  If I am forced of them I will definitely try the ashton plan as I mentioned previously.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.