Is there anything I can do for hot flashes headaches very tired feeling

Posted , 8 users are following.

Very tired feeling headaches

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

This is exactly how I feel plus insomnia I get exhausted ??going to health shop tomorrow to see if there's anything herbal which will help x

• Posted

I would have your iron levels checked. Try sage tablets for flushes or menopace women's supplement should work for a few months if in early peri menopause

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

I am having the same problems and it's very frustrating. I'm so fatigued, low energy and a headache around eyes with head pressure almost every day. I'm trying to take multivitamin, B12 supplement, and co enzyme Q10 which is supposed to help with cell energy metabolism but I also have had stomach issues for past 2 years and sometimes these irritate my stomach.

One thing I do find that helps some is a magnesium supplement. Intake it at suppertime and the times I do take it I seem to have less hot flushes during the night and less anxious during the days.

This menopause roller coaster ride is getting old and I want to get off!!

• Posted

HRT HRT HRT what more can I say Nancy - - pretty much saved my lifesmile

Wishing you well - quickly.

Loui x

• Posted

Hi nancy I am on the menapace with calcuim there are different types of menapace and I use evening primrose capsule.Ive only just started taking them so it will be another couple of weeks before they kick in I suppose. touch wood I dont get the headaches (I suffered migraine as a child and was told i would have it back in the menapause) but I do get very tired and apathic but I also suffer with anxiety and depression. I hope you can find what suits you my love as its not nice to live with 
  • Posted

menopace is working for me at the moment, like other ladies have said also.  It's the combination of all the vits etc we need at this time that is doing the trick.  it works for me anyway, no harm in trying it.  (I also take a very good quality omega 3 oil, the type you mix with food, can't mention the name here as i think it will be moderated, but it is a good one.

• Posted

Hi Nancy

Firstly get you blood pressure checked for the headaches you are experiencing, as this tends to creep up as women reach menopause.

Drink lots of water throughout the day to keep fully hydrated. Avoid caffeinated drinks if possible.

Layer your clothes so you can remove clothes if you are feeling uncomfortable during a hot flush.

Eat regularly and healthily. Do some exercise, even if just walking once a day.

Try to have an unwinding routine towards the end of the day so that you get a good night's sleep. I retire early, have a soak in the bath, read my family magazines, a warm drink and I off like a light!

Most of all try to stay positive. It I just another phase of our lives. There will be some health anxieties, but deal with them one at a time. Read up on them and go ready with questions to your GP. Forums like this are helpful, as you can see that you are not alone!

All the best ??

• Posted

Good advice Chuckj.

It's easy to forget the sensible advice when we are looking for a magic pill to make all this go away.

I feel so much better since I swapped to decaf coffe and tea, the palpitations have lessened considerably.

I find having a couple of spare cotton nightshirts by the bed helps for a quick change if I wake during a night sweat. It's tempting to sleep naked to avoid getting hot, but wearing a nightshirt saves the sheets getting soaked.

• Posted

Thanks Maisie!

Some days I have to push myself to do things, but when I am doing them, I forget many if my aches and niggles. It is important to maintain a positive frame of mind. Well done for weaning yourself off the tea and coffee, there are so many benefits - amongst which is feeling less shaky and anxious, tea is a diuretic so it means more trips to the loo, meaning a risk of dehydration. So a vicious cycle. Good for you, I like your thinking! 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.