Is there anything I can do to get compensation for the removal of my implants

Posted , 2 users are following.

Two years ago I was told by my doctor (whom I don't see anymore) that I should get dental implants to fill in the missing spaces where my lower 24 and upper 7 had been extracted due to extensive root damage. I was told that the implants would keep the area healthy and protect my bone. Surprise, they didn't. I have peri-implantitis at both sites, especially with the upper site. They will only continue to get worse. The gum is significantly thinner and weaker as well. Everything is not pleasant as promised. The complete opposite has happened. I am not an anomaly. The entire selling point for getting my two dental implants turned out to be untrue.

SoI am going to remove them, and my dental insurance should pay for it. I paid nearly $10,000 to put them in (way overpriced) and they damage my bone and gums and I'm supposed to pay out of my own pocket to remove them? I don't think so.

The doctor I am working with said his total cost for removal, grafting and tissue placement is around $3200, and every penny should be paid for by my insurance.

I am looking for the fair, honest, and caring people who are aware of the injustices of the system and my case and can guide me to get what I rightfully deserve.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi...I have implants too...and your jaw getting thin and smaller is not from the implants. It's from lack of teeth. I don't know why your dentist wouldn't explain this to you. After you lose alot of teeth your jaw gets smallet and weak. Actually implants help to make it strong and to also hold in dentures or partials...I wouldn't remove them..if anything I would change my diet so you are eating more protain and calcium. To build strong bones ,also taking vitamins would be helpful too
  • Posted

Hi...I have implants too...and your jaw getting thin and smaller is not from the implants. It's from lack of teeth. I don't know why your dentist wouldn't explain this to you. After you lose alot of teeth your jaw gets smallet and weak. Actually implants help to make it strong and to also hold in dentures or partials...I wouldn't remove them..if anything I would change my diet so you are eating more protain and calcium. To build strong bones ,also taking vitamins would be helpful too
  • Posted

Edit - can the doctor can be held responsible or is it my fault for not knowing that implants cause bone loss.
    • Posted

No the dentist that did your implants would of explained to you the possibilities of bone loss that might happen I was getting implants before your surgery. ...also you might of signed a form...sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.