Is there anything ladies can take to help with no sex drive?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi can anyone help with not having any sex drive at all as i have been like this for 8 years of a 13 yr marriage i love my husband to bits and he has never moaned or pushed me, but now its causing me to have trust issues and its my own doing as i just want to be normal again and i want to be close to my husband but i seem to have a switch that's just constantly on the not want to know position. I haven't had a period for 13 months. I really need help.

Thanks for taking time to read this I have also posted this on the HRT forum.

Karen

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

sorry, i cant really help cause im going through the same thing. i want nothing to do with sex. it all comes down to trust. if its going to happen u cant stop it. not going to help to worry about it either. sorry i was no belp

• Posted

wine. watch romantic movies, wine.

remember there are b*****s out there who would love to steal your man!

do your hair and make up to make yourself feel good. (while drinking wine)

eat some aphrodisac foods. wine.

• Posted

I feel the same way. My libido has diminished so much. It's such an odd feeling, and depressing at times.

For the past few years, it has changed our sex life. Mainly, I think it's about trust , communication and both being willing to take the time. My husband is understanding about me needing the warm up time, and some extra....accessories. But when all is said and done, it's a such wonderful way to connect, and we both agree that it is totally worth the extra effort.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Maca Root powder has been used for centuries in Peru to enhance fertility and sex drive. It is also used to balance hormones during menopause and improve energy and reduce anxiety. I am no Doctor so if you are on medication you might want to check with one before you start taking the powder. I have been taking it for a year now and I started to take it to prevent clotting when I had heavy flow days and it did help with my clotting. I ordered organic gelatinized maca powder from Amazon and I take a 1/4tsp sprinkled over my food daily and a gap of 1 week after 3 months. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Patti,

Just wondering if you have noticed any weight loss? I thought I heard that it can but then some gain weight so I strayed away from taking maca..

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Nope no weight loss or weight gain either. I have gained some weight, but that is because I don't exercise as much as I used to before menopause because I don't care anymore. Also, my weight fluctuates a lot and I have seen that on the months when I don't menstruate I gain as much as 6 pounds and when I do I lose that weight just before my cycle (maybe water retention or bloating).

• Edited

Hi there, well I had a active sex life then the curse, menopause hit. Then sex became sooo painful. My honey was caring and patient. We would do other sexual things besides sex that were exciting. Then my doctor told me about Estrace oh my goodness. I applied like the doctor said and it was like I was in my 20s again. Sex no longer hurt and we could go for a while like the ol days. I don't know if your lady parts are hurting, but this is a wonderful drug it builds up the tissues that the lack of estrogen takes away. It helped me get into the mood again. Let yourself go, let yourself get turned on with your honey.

• Posted

girlfour,

Great message. Keeping intimacy alive is so important. It gets difficult for women as their hormones diminish but there are fixes. If hormones are not replaced you can expect all kinds of problems and not just with intimacy. Natures way doesn't have to be so hard with what we have available to us nowadays .

• Posted

Hi Jude,

I have been on several HRTs and Bio and sadly do nothing for me at all so im not taking anything apart from blood pressure tablets. And sadly me and my husband don't drink. And i'm 50.

Thank you for your reply

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen,

When you were on these HRTs and bios do you feel you were with a qualified dr that knew what they were doing in regards to running regular testing and proper dosing? It can make the difference between your success or failure taking them. Did they include testosterone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.