Is there anything that help help pain, temporarily, for osteochondritis.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I'm only 16 and I've got diagnosed with osteochondritis, in the right knee, then I went back and got diagnosed with something called "Bilateral medial femoral condyle cartilage defect" I'm sure it's the same thing, sorry if I'm wrong.

I was mainly wondering, is there anything to stop the pain temporarily. I'm having pain sitting, standing or even lying down and it's getting someplace where it's effecting me emotionally. I've got an MRI scan soon, so I'll ask them the same question if not answered here.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi that sounds painful whatever it is. Suggest you go see your Dr, don't suffer in silence. Good luck with the MRI.

• Posted

Thank you, I'll try and go when I can, but I'm not the best person to speak about pain face to face. I'm more of a person who hides pain, and get on with it. And thx, it's not for another 19 days, so long wait.

• Posted

Go see your doctor, over the counter pain meds probably wont work. You need prescription meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.