Is there anyway to fix my eyesight?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! So i have  a question. Is there any way I can be able to fix my eye sight? My both eyes are 0.75. I went to eye doctor, and she said, that there are some of the excercises to children and teens, under age 16. I am 23 now. She said that there is pretty much no solution, except contact lenses or glasses.

My father spoke of his friend, that used book/video lessons, that excrecises eye muscles. This book was written by russian author, named Norbekov or something like that. He states, that low eyesight is only eye muscle "lazyness" if you will. That friend of his, used this lessons and in time, he managed to play tennis without eyeglasses, when he used to play all the time wearing it.

So that puts me in a very confusing position, which I dont know what to believe: eyedoctor or internet. Eye doctor states there is nothing I can do, and the internet states that there is something I can do.

DO you have any suggestions, or excercises, that have proven itself worthy to you guys? Maybe some food supplement? I heard that carrots are good for my eyes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

We are all different and our eyes are precious. If you think that reading a book on exercises to improve your vision will benefit you I would discuss the technique with your Optician. There are certain problems that we inherit that we have no control over that affect our vision like Diabetes.

Wearing glasses is not a problem and Contact Lenses can be worn for sport activities.

So my advice exercise the eye it can do no harm, but not taking advice from a professional who understands eyes would be dangerous in the long term.

• Posted

I am sorry that I am not in a position to give any suggestions in this regard. However it will be an interesting /useful discussion to know the views of others who are in a position to contribute.
  • Posted

As far as I know there have been no randomised trials to test the effectiveness of eye exercise programmes and there is no medical evidence to support the claims made.

There is some evidence that Lutein and zeaxanthin (commonly found in kale and spinach - or via supplements) can help improve eyesight. Carrots are not particularly high in these compounds.

• Posted

So what are my options here?
    • Posted

I have read about various exercises on certain web sites but never read any thing where some one tried some exercises and benefitted. Hence, it appears safe not to undertake exercise venture and follow the advice of eye Docs.

i have early Glaucoma for which some exercises appeared on U Tube. I did try these for 2-3 days but left them apprehending more harm than good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.