Is there diff inhalers if one does not work

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have an inhaler that gives you 30 doses one puff a day only, then i have the small blue one to take if i get breathless as well.  My problem is that with the small blue one when i am breathless walking or going up a brae i do take that but it does nothing at all for me, i do take it correct but get nothing from it to help me.  Is there any other inhalers that you can get if this happens i dont know if perhaps anyone else has this problem as i would love to know that i had one to help me at the times i need it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Margaret26238, I use my blue inhaler if I get a bit breathless going up hills etc. It is an Ivax Salamol easibreathe, this means I don't have to co-ordinate my breath with releasing the dose.  I find it much easier and it has around 200 actuations.  I also use my red inhaler Symbicort 20/6 Turbohaler along with my Salamol one 2 puffs every morning and night.  I find that this usually keeps my asthma under control unless I get a chest infection and I am then treated with antibiotics and steroid treatment.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Oh right that sounds good as i cant co-ordinate my breath with my one when i need it so i will have to ask about that one never heard of the Ivax one so worth asking Thanks
  • Posted

You need to go back and speak to your doctor or respiratory nurse who can advise.  There are alternatives.

for details on patient uk information check search list here:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=inhalers+copd&searchcoll=All

the inhaler you mention, the small blue one, can be identified on the canister.  If it is ventolin or salbutamol you can ask about the alternative options with your own medical advisers.

Sometimes with MDI (metred dose inhalers) using a spacer is more effective, again speak with your own medical advisers about this.

• Posted

its the Salbutamol Sulfate one that does no good to my breathing, I have told her this before and was giving a spacer which is no good when im out and get very bad i just need something that is easy and quick Next time i go i must tell her again as i panic when it does not work when i really need it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.