Is there Medications that actually work!?

Posted , 12 users are following.

So I have had Neuropathy for over 3 years and have been on everything I can think of and NOTHING works. I do not sleep because of pain and I can barely walk because I can now not feel my feet at all so I fall alot. I am thinking of even trying Marijuana, because my quality of life is just not worth living this way. Anyone on here on a regimen that works? Meds or therapy that works? I am to that point of desperation... I have the pain (stabbing, burning, aching, needles, shocking, etc) and numbness, that is in my feet and it has traveled up my legs and into my lower back. I believe it is now affecting my stomach too.   Thanks for any feedback  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

For me, sunlight works best for my neuropathy,  Doctors often try low dose antidepressants which help some but not others. They also can have nasty side effects, that’s why I don’t take any medication for it.  Other than that, there is no cure for neuropathy.
  • Posted

Hi melynda

So sorry for all your suffering, I know myself what it's like coping everyday with burning prickling and other weird symptoms and how depressed it makes you,I have suffered from this a lot of years, I was put on amitriptyline for a lot years it was a great help now I take venlafaxine too but your body gets used to it so there a lot of break through pain, you should see your doctor too help with the depression first as that will make it worse especially as you can't sleep that makes it all the worse you need to tell your doctor your not coping with the pain and how it's making you feel

• Posted

My husband has had these same issues coming up on 2 years next month. It is very hard. No medications have helped him. He started alternative methods like you mentioned and it does help. He is at least able to sleep a little here and there since trying the new methods. I recommend that you go and see a counselor. You need to find a healthy way to cope with this pain. He is also in the process of being enrolled in pain clinic with Mayo Clinic to help him. If you live in America you should look into. Good luck and don't give up!! 

• Posted

I have had neuropathy in my feet and hands for ten years and nothing helps it gets worse every year. Ive burnt my feet to the bone from a hot water bottle had had infection in my feet from blisters. Some say u should try cbd oil ask u r doctor as it's now legal

• Posted

I have also had peripheral neuropathy in my feet for about 3 years also. The doctors just gave me gabapentin which does nothing for the nerve pain. I have also been on lyrica, celexa and cymbalta which only made things much worse. I wish they would give me something different that might actually work. I have told him that but he doesn't seem to listen to me. I know of people that are taking other meds and seems to be helping them. I am also on a few Facebook groups. I get a lot of helpful information there. One of the groups is pain warriors united or something like that. You should check it out if you have Facebook

• Posted

I am in the same boat as to having tried everything!  Last was Gabapentin, then Lyrica and both sent me on side effects nightmares from hell!

However, since the Lyrica fiasco almost 2 years ago, I ran into a NATURAL CURE for the diabetic nerve pain in the feet... MILK THISTLE!  I still have the numbness and balance issues...BUT NO PAIN!

This has now helped MANY people I have told this about and even my two doctors are recommending it to their patients.  But no one still knows about milk thistle, even doctors, nurses other medical people .. why!!???  Because they are NOT TRAINED in it, they are only TRAINED is prescribing bs meds with tons of side effects all to make the big pharmas BILLIONS in PROFITS each year!

At the very least the milk thistle will get/keep your liver very healthy!  I am type 1 diabetic almost 40 YEARS!  I take milk thistle 3-4 times per day and I have not had ANY pain in my feet in almost 2 YEARS!!!  (the 1,000 needles, bone crushes, lightning strikes, etc, which were hitting me 50+ times PER DAY!)

Go to WalMart, get a bottle of milk thistle (175 mg) and take it 4 times [er day, 2 capsules to start.  This took ALL my pain away in only about 6 days!  Continue on one capsule 4 times per day for a month.  Then see if it helps your pain issue (again, numbness and balance issues will still remain..BUT NO PAIN!)

have your doctor do a liver test BEFORE you start this.  That way you have a good marker to see good liver results, even if this does not help/cure your pain issues.

It only costs about $9 for a month supply!  TRY IT!

Hope this helps!  Best Wishes!

• Posted

Milk thistle does nothing for me nor do the other 10 supplements I'm taking which supposedly helps get rid of neuropathy pain. Once you have it, it never goes away and there is no cure for neuropathy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.