Is there such thing as treatment?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had my symptoms since 2005. All this time I have been trying medication for anxiety but I never found out what is really going on. After doing research I found out about Globus Hystericus and i think that is what i have.

symptoms:

Gagging when anxious

Tightness in throat (constricting)

Heat crawling up my back

Feeling anxious

I have never met anyone with my symptoms. I am so embarrassed when my medication does not work or I am put in a stressful situation and was unable to take my medication prior. Also, I have three nodular/cysts so I am not sure if this is the cause. I have not met a doctor that has really helped. I really need to talk to someone that knows about this because all this time I've just been trying medication and i really want to get rid of this for good.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Have you tried vigorous exercise as i have found it helps with a lot of different things whether it be physical, in the mind or sometimes medical.

All the best martin

• Posted

Hi Nicole, sorry to hear you're struggling. If you can find a therapist to help you understand your anxiety it may help. Also check out Youtube as there are videos about stretches to help with the neck constriction. Wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.