Is these drinks okay with DD

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wanting to know if Coconut Water and or Coffee  is okay to drink for people with DD ?

Also does anyone else on here use prune juice to move your bowels, and if so how much do you drink a day?  Thanks! 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't drink coconut water or coffee but I do eat 5 prunes every morning with my porridge I drink the juice but only a couple of times a week

• Posted

I figure the prunes would be better to use vs the fiber powders 
    • Posted

I eat prunes now too as they are also good for your bones, I heard, and I also have osteopenia. 
  • Posted

Yes - you can drink coconut water and coffee - it wont effect the DD.
  • Posted

Hi yes coffee is ok wih me also the prunes, not to sure about cocnut juice never tried it. But go easy on the prunes i only have 4 on my breakfast but not every day. Just in case but we are differt
  • Posted

My concern when diagnosed couple of weeks ago and was given the what u can and can’t eat and drink was my coffee. I had no problem giving up drinking while on the meds but don’t take away my coffee as I’m a coffeeholic lol. No problem with coffee and cream 4-6 times a day. I have stayed away from juices and stuck with water only so can’t answer the prune juice. I can tell u once I started the antibiotics my stools are soft. I’ve been off antibiotics for a week now and still soft. Colonoscopy next Friday so hope all looks healed. First glass of wine tonight and so far so good. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Good luck next week had my first glass of wine too last night ok so far still trying to get my head round this D.D.,its so depressing me,
    • Posted

Oh no I didn't know we couldn't drink a cup of coffee while on an antibiotic I had a cup today! 

Does anyones probiotic cause nausea , or can they?  Does anyone get nauseated while on an antibiotic? I checked my temp its normal. 

This stuff has me so depressed and nervous! When I read the post the woman busted and died on the table has had me in A VER SERIOUS panic mode since :-( 

I just don't know what to do with this mess or deal with its symptoms everything scares me about it! 

I'm panicking right now and nauseated 

• Posted

Thought I replied replied but maybe didn’t go thru. Yes to coffee it was no alcohol on antibiotics. I kept a journal of what I was eating every day to help me in case of flare ups. I’m doing okay reintroducing foods, pizza, salad etc... and doing okay. I am staying away from granola that I love and nuts nd seeds for now. Each of us experience different levels of pain so our experiences are different. Mine was like labor where my sister had discomfort and only found thru colonoscopy. Last week was my first full week in my classroom of first graders in 8 weeks. Mind you it took 6 for them to diagnose so there is an end in site. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.