is third time the charm w rectocele repair?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had two rectocele repairs done 18 mos apart, second repair also including a bladder sling, less than 6 mos later it had retorn, which was approximately a year now, am afraid to go back but I am so beyond frustrated with having to help myself go to the bathroom and the pain it causes

I have chronic lower back issues as well as well as dealing with breast cancer (twice) so between the constant surgeries and the pain meds for those I am also on a pain medication patch which all adds up to having a harder time when it comes to bathroom time

I am so fed up and needed to vent to anyone who would understand!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Can I ask if your chronic back pain is being caused by your bowel prolapse?  I have a mild bladder and bowel prolapse and terrible back pain but my physio has said that the back pain isn't being caused by either of these.  She reckons it is something mechanical.  I too had a bladder repair (tvt) last year which is fine and it has cured my incontinence but my bladder has dropped back down again.  Have you had any problems with your bladder repair?  I totally sympathise with you as you don't know what to do for the best and the pain is unbearable at times.  Did you have a mesh repair?

• Posted

Oh, this sounds awful! My main problem before having the rectocele repair was the difficulty of bowel movements. Apparently this is one of the symptoms of prolapse, and so is lower back pain. I couldn't stand for any length of time without my back hurting.

I'm not sure what had retorn ~ the rectocele or the tvt?

What has helped me hugely in making BMs easier is, 1. make sure your knees are higher than your hips, whether it's a grow tall step, a squatty potty or a pile of books; and 2. I take a daily probiotic ~ this keeps things very soft

I can understand how fed up you are. All we want is to be well! Now I understand what my mum and her friends were probably talking about in hushed tones when I was a child.

• Posted

Hi sorry if I wasn't clear on my previous post, the rectocele has reforn, and my lower back issues are due to two ruptured discs, both discs are totally dehydrated, I have degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, arthritis from a fracture in same discs courtesy of my ex

Although I've often wondered if this is adding to my back pain, they want to do spinal fusion but that truly scares me

I do the feet up on potty thing and it does help but whenever I have to get in there (y'all know what I mean) and help it causes me alot of pain, doc said my tissues keep breaking down so I dont know if it can be repaired with mesh or not. ...

• Posted

That should've said fracture of spine not the discs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.