Is this a age thing?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have found that every one that seems to get LS is starting to enter into menopause. This is supposed to be our time in life where we should be able to enjoy things and be able to relax and not worry about things in life. It’s supposed to be our golden years. The only thing that I have discovered in my golden years is the urine that is golden.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My daughter has it and she is 4 years old. Her doctor told me that most people with LS are women nearing or in menopause, or young girls before puberty. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this!

• Posted

I hope your daughter is ok and once puberty kicks in the hormones will sort her out. Certainly seems to be oestrogen related this L S.

• Posted

post meno too by eight years Im sure it affects my bladder also,

• Posted

hi sue162, I've been through menopause for few years also, and do also suffer with feeling like I need to pee so much more since being told I had LS. Also a burning feeling in same area, but not on peeing. I have also had a hysterectomy when i was 39 years old and am now 63. So much for ment to feel so good once through menopause, Certainly wasnt the case for me.

• Posted

It's not true that people get it at menopause. My daughter was diagnosed at age 4 and thankfully is in remission at age 14. I was diagnosed at age 42 and am not having any menopause symptoms. It does suck, whatever age it hits you.

• Posted

Some people theorized LS was a non-estrogen state. i.e., pre-puberty and post menopausal but, as you've just noted, you still have estrogen. The other issue is whether you have thyroid antibodies. It seems most of us are hypo/hyper thyroid. My doc just confirmed this yesterday. Question is why would having thyroid antibodies cause LS?

biscuit

• Posted

No Ma'am. I got diagnosed at 22. But it manifested about a year before that

• Posted

I am 48 and was diagnosed at 47, and I still get my period every 28 days like clockwork. My estrogen levels came back perfect, however my testosterone was very low. Got a cream to apply to get level up ( but not change my SOPRANO VOICE- my profession). I think it is linked to hormones, immune system and stress. I hv had MONO 3x which is very unusual, yearly strep infections, pneumonia twice and kidney stones twice and Toxic shock syndrome as a teenager. I think all of that wreaked havoc with my system. I got the flu last year, spent three months coughing my head off, peeing on myself with the force of coughing and I believe it destroyed the integrity of my skin and allows the LS to manifest itself. I had been feeling like I always needed to pee, would squirtt when I coughed or sneezed and had a buzzing sensation in my clit- all of which I ignored. I think its all connected!

Hope DR learn more about this so more women and men can be helped. It surely changes your life.

• Posted

Karen, yes, LS can certainly change your life. I hope you have good supportive friends. Would give a lot to have one now.

• Posted

before puberty for me and ever since and always will have it. at least you were sans ls pre menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.