Is this a bad drug screen result?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I have been taking Tramadol for several years. 50mg three times a day is how it is prescribed, but I usually take all three at once, waiting until the pain is just too much. That's all I take. It is for hip pain. It doesn't work like it used to, but I haven't asked for an increase in dosage because I know how addicting it can be. I found that instead of taking it as prescribed, which leaves me in low levels of pain all day, if I take it all at once it takes care of the pain for about half a day. My doctors office had me take a urine drug screen last week and I saw the results on My Chart and it said that my Tramadol level was 2445 ng/ml. So I did some looking around online and found this : Therapeutic blood levels in adults range from 0.1 to 0.3 mg/L, toxic level was between 1 and 2 mg/L and lethal concentration was usually considered to be higher than 2 mg/L, which suggests that therapeutic, toxic and lethal levels of tramadol were relatively close.

So I am worried that my level is too high for what I have been prescribed. But I am very unsure of myself in these conversions. I am reading it as my level being at a lethal dose!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Never mind, they called me today and said it was consistent with therapeutic levels... :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.