Is this a bartholin cyst? Also is my vagina/vulva normal/healthy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Firstly, this lump appeared to the side of my vaginal opening a few days ago and has been getting bigger. It is extremely painful to touch. At first i thought it was a spot, but its getting bigger and hasnt burst. I think its a bartholin cyst but normally theyre not painful? Could it be infected? I dont want to see the GP if not necessary due to COVID etc.

Secondly, I've always been anxious about my vulva due to my very noticeable lips, and have worked hard to have confidence regarding that. However, does my vagina look healthy? Other vaginal openings are such neat circles, whereas mine is all thick, whiteish and bumpy. Is this normal/healthy?

Also what is up with my urethra opening?

I can handle it just being ugly, but I'm really anxious to know if it looks healthy or not? Any advice would be appreciated 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Certainly am not a vulvar expert on skin but, yes it generally looks healthy. Those lumps, however are something I have never seen. Don't think they are Bartholins but have you compared those to pictures online?

• Edited

Hello I am experiencing something similar (the thicker lines in the vulva vestibule region) and i'm worried if it is normal, when i run my finger along them i can feel them as if they are slightly hard lines going down to my vaginal opening.

• Posted

Im very worried about it and wondering if it something normal.

• Posted

unsure about the bumps, are you sexually active? besides the bumps it all look perfectly normal, not ugly at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.